No prime new carburetor

Thanks to everyone for there ideas. The mower started and is running. The problem was not what I expected. The Chinese carburetor came with new screws so I tossed the originals and used the new ones. Turns out the Chinese ones were not machined correctly and tightened up before tightening the carburetor down on the fuel tank. I fixed the threads on the screws with my tap and die set and then they screwed in completely. I guess the Chinese are not real good and machining SAE threads.
 
The stuff that fails quality control in Chinese factories gets sold off at auction to surplus merchants who on sell it to wholesalers who sell it to online retailers who sell it to you via evil pay or Amazon.
By using these outlets the sellers can hide from you so you don't kick their but black & blue for selling defective parts which you can not do on craigs list.

Rule of thumb.
If the "store" does not have a real presence where you can walk in and buy stuff over the counter and the product you are buying does not come labeled in a labled package then there is a 99.9% chance you are buying defective parts that should have gone into the scrap metal bin.
 
Back
Top