No fuel to Briggs Toro 20065 mower

juntjoo

Threads
Should I get enough fuel digging in there from a few pulls of the rope?

It starts with carb cleaner but won't keep going and I'm not able to get a Q-tip wet.

I gave it a quick cleaning, used a wire in all the holes I could poke and cleaned the bowl and the needle jet which I assume works since it's not overflowing into the carb throat right?

I confirmed I got fuel to the bowl.

What would be the most likely culprit here blocking fuel to carb throat? Also I just installed a new primer bulb and I can't pull anything but air from it. Not sure what that means

Attachments

• 20240226_152114.jpg
    20240226_152114.jpg
    802.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240226_143518.jpg
    20240226_143518.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The primer on that engine pushes air into the float bowl, that in turn pushes fuel up into the throat of the carb to prime. If the gasket between the carb and air cleaner backing plate isn't sealing it won't prime. Also did you clean the holes in the fuel bowl nut because that is the jet to allow fuel to prime and to run.

juntjoo

Threads
The primer on that engine pushes air into the float bowl, that in turn pushes fuel up into the throat of the carb to prime. If the gasket between the carb and air cleaner backing plate isn't sealing it won't prime. Also did you clean the holes in the fuel bowl nut because that is the jet to allow fuel to prime and to run.
Okay, found the gasket, just poked some holes, will try again , BRB ...

juntjoo

Threads
Okay, good it to run with carb cleaner, and it stayed running long enough to mow the lawn. Can't complain. I'm guessing the gasket helped though I didn't notice it work. I'll try to update next time after I see if it'll start without carb spray. Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well that needle seat does looks swollen so it should be replaced as it will cause problems.

juntjoo

Threads
Yup swollen red seat. Floats probably not level id assume.
So it would be too low and not providing enough fuel? Would you then expect a dry spark plug? I'll check next time. Seems to run well. Bogs down under heavy grass but maybe that'd normal. I'll check plug next time...

MowerNick

Threads
Your float should sit level with the carb body. I believe the needle and seat kit is a 398188 im pretty sure. The kits only like 5 bucks

juntjoo

Threads
Your float should sit level with the carb body. I believe the needle and seat kit is a 398188 im pretty sure. The kits only like 5 bucks
Cool, thanks. I'll jot that down. I wouldn't have imagined they sell just those. Figured you'd just buy the kits. I actually have like three lol for each piece of equipment cuz I can never figure out how to fix them. I'm gonna guess $5=$10 really with shipping. $5 will get you a pen from China in 6 weeks earliest

juntjoo

Threads
So if I could stick my pinky in there with one hand and pump the primer with the other I should be able to wet my finger lol? Serious question