No Forward Husqvarna Rider 18 Pro AWD - Reverse works slowly.

Obi113

Forum Newbie
Hello!

I have picked up a little project and I’m trying to figure out the most likely point of failure.

It’s a Husqvarna Rider 18 Pro AWD

It runs great, the Kawasaki engine is strong. But we have no forward. Linker arm is working and connected, but no movement. Reverse pedal however does engage and move but not particularly quickly, (I have no reference for what it should be like)

having done some digging, it’s either the Tuff Torq hydrostatic pump, or the rear transmission.

Has anyone had the same issue before? And what was the fix?

I’ve started pulling it apart after bleeding the system properly and hoping that might be the issues, but there is a whine coming from the back end on both forward and reverse pedals. More pronounced at higher RPM.

My thinking is if it was the pump (model KPL10ARH) then reverse wouldn’t work either, but I believe that is only the front transmission that engages reverse (again from Google).

So that pushes me towards the rear transmission, Model KTM10E. Are these known to fail? Any other signs I can look for, before I pull it out?

Thanks

Stephen
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0145.png
    IMG_0145.png
    685.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ee3665f852bde5c8a24ef9bc6a66dd04.jpeg
    ee3665f852bde5c8a24ef9bc6a66dd04.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top