No Fire

Threads
I have a Techumsah v100 engine on a craftsman mower. This thing sat in my brothers garage for 8 years. He gave it to me, I cleaned the carburetor and generally cleaned the mower up. Problem is the re is no fire to the spark plug. I removed the top of the mower and (using a Dremmel) wire brushed the rotors and magnet. Stil nothing. Oh Yea, I made sure the gap between the two was correct using a business card as the separating agent. What did I do wrong?

Richard

jeff

Threads
Nothing. Take the ground wire off the mag, if stillno fire, replace the mag.

Threads
I replaced the mag yesterday 26th. After wrestling with the carburetor linkage and the governor, I fired it up and it runs fine.

Hint: I may have wasted $38.00. I forgot to pin the cutoff handle down. I did not notice this until after I replaced the Mag.... Soooo..... I'll will never know. I have to be more careul in the fture.

benski

Threads
I replaced the mag yesterday 26th. After wrestling with the carburetor linkage and the governor, I fired it up and it runs fine.

Hint: I may have wasted $38.00. I forgot to pin the cutoff handle down. I did not notice this until after I replaced the Mag.... Soooo..... I'll will never know. I have to be more careul in the fture.

"DOH"!:ashamed: :biggrin:

None of us has EVER done something like that...oh no, uhuh, nope.:ashamed: Not putting enough fuel in the machine, not putting spark plug wire(s) on completely, not putting safety switch wiring back on the switch, nah, those are just rumors!:wink: