Nikki carb jet won't seat

ba_50

Threads
The jet won't stay put when inserted. It prevents the flat side of the plastic part from seating on the carb body. Anybody? Thanks

Attachments

• 20220315_112715_resize_27.jpg
    20220315_112715_resize_27.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 12

ba_50

Threads
The oring, jet and plastic piece are new.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you trying to install the jet in the correct direction. The end with the O rings goes down the tube first with the mushroom head part facing the carb venturi when installed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I find it easier to sit the jet on the end of a punch then lower the carrier plate over it
The jet is stepped and unless dead square will not sit properly in the tube
Once the jet is in position the carrier plate is popped into the bowl & the bowl offered to the carb upright then when in position flipped over to put the screws in .
There are a lot of rebuild kits for these carbs on evilpay/ ammozone that are defective , probably more than for all of the other carbs added together.
Also the Chinese unbranded Nikki knock off's are slightly smaller so their rebuild kits will not fit a genuine Nikki & visa versa .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Usually on these single barrel Nikki I never buy a kit, Just the bowl gasket and maybe an o-ring for the jet; unless, I lost the darn jet on the shop floor. But I have learn to use a large pan with a cloth or paper towel in it when taking these carbs apart. The biggest cost of these repair kits is the needle valve which seldom ever needs replacing.