Newby (Be Gentle)

Ariena

Well-Known Member
Hello.
Just popped in to say hi to all.
I live in Canada, and I use a small Ariens ZTR and a Craftsman 7# Torque walk behind.
My question is in regard to my walk behind. I removed the muffler to check for deposits and a metal arm and gasket fell off from behind the muffler. As far as I understand, this is a thermostat. Are there any of you small engine professors out there that can tell me how this works and why it is necessary.
I thank you in advance for your time and efforts.
God Bless.
 

Attachments

  • image-4079849864.png
    image-4079849864.png
    986.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:
 
never heard of a muffler thermostat...why dont you give us the model/serial numbers of both mower and engine.....and take a picture of this weird part
 
Thank you Reddragon.
Please find attached the information you requested.

B&S# 11 0411 56 80031

Craftsman# 944.361220 041311M 001458


Photos attached.
 

Attachments

  • image-4069950955.png
    image-4069950955.png
    749.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image-685588553.png
    image-685588553.png
    870.7 KB · Views: 29
  • image-393884844.png
    image-393884844.png
    920.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image-918017465.png
    image-918017465.png
    756.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image-3384564226.png
    image-3384564226.png
    929.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image-3006436399.png
    image-3006436399.png
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 23
I'm going to take a wild guess and say I think it's part of the governor linkage.A warm up thermostat for their new Eco-series mowers?
 
Thanks guys for your input.
Excuse me for being so **** but I have this thing about knowing how things work.
As you can see as per the attached photo, this "thermostat" attaches to another arm at the top.
If the thermostat moves as the exhaust temperature increases/decreases, then what does the top arm control?
Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.
 

Attachments

  • image-3799992045.png
    image-3799992045.png
    699.6 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top