New Toro owner in NC

dhall57

Threads
Been needing a new mower for quite some time. Knew I wanted a ZT, well finally stepped up and purchased a new ZX5400 model#74862 with a Kohler 23hp Confidant motor. Toro's next step up from their Timecutter series. To me it was a no-brainer to go with the ZX series(residential/light commercial) instead of the Timecutter. Not that the timecutter isnt a good machine. Just a lot more machine for not that much more money IMO. Liked the dealer and the mower(built like a tank compare to my old mower) and their near by so didn't see a need to continue shopping around and getting more confused about what mower to buy and the dealer del. it to me later the same day. Mowed with it only once so far and still getting use to the Z turn set up but really like it and the 54" fabricated deck makes quick work of my 1 1/2 acre lot. The ZX model gets very good reviews for the most part so Im hoping to get many years of service out of it:smile:

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good post, be sure to read manuals cover to cover & check engine oil level on dipstick before each use, use leaf blower to remove clippings etc. from deck etc., do not use water to hose off as water will cause many problems including electrical parts to corrode, rust, short out, or damage components making them inoperable.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congrats on the new Titan. Any idea what it weighs ? (Just curious) a fellow acorss the hollow has one.

packardv8

Threads
Agree the ZX5400 is a probably very good machine.

Not that the timecutter isnt a good machine. Just a lot more machine for not that much more money
Can't agree that $4899 versus $2899 is not that much more money; per my local dealer current floor written quote. Your local prices may have varied, but here, it's $2000 more dollars, 69% more money. Worth it, probably. Is it a 69% better machine? Depends on your experience with each.

jack vines

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very good mower.
But I would have saved some money.
And got the ss5000
Take care of it and it will last you years.
As mark said do not use a water hose to clean it off.
I like to spray all my plugs and switches with a silicone spray.

dhall57

Threads
Agree the ZX5400 is a probably very good machine.

Can't agree that $4899 versus $2899 is not that much more money; per my local dealer current floor written quote. Your local prices may have varied, but here, it's $2000 more dollars, 69% more money. Worth it, probably. Is it a 69% better machine? Depends on your experience with each.

jack vines
The Timecutter that I was looking at Jack was the MX5050 one of the top models in that series the dealer said and it was just about $3900. The next step up was the The Titan ZX5400 model 74862 that I purchased was $4860 witch is considered by Toro as a light commercial unit. I was willing to spend about a grand more to get a heavier built machine with bigger tires, bigger deck, commercial grade pumps and better warranty. Im 58 so I hoping this might be the last mower I have to buy:thumbsup:

Last edited: