New Toro 20334 - rattling sound

rmill9681

Forum Newbie
Hi All,
New guy here. Just finished destroying my 3 year old craftsman by dissecting a rock. Bought a Toro 20334. It was down to that or the Honda with twin blades. Anyway, just took it out for a first mow and noticed a rattle. Started when making the 180 turn at the end of a run, then was constant. After about 20 minutes it became intermittent.

flat yard, < 1/2 an acre. Rattling sounds similar to a shopping cart wheel with bad bearings. Sound isn't related to movement of mower as it would still rattle when standing still.

Any thoughts? Is this a dud mower or something I should look to adjust?

Thanks!
 
Sounds to me like a bad drive gear. I would take it back to the dealer, it is covered under warranty.
 
Some people would like to hear that, but you have a good mower and Toro will stand behind it. Why don't you want to take it back to the dealer for warranty service?
 
Someone told me to beware of Toro and a day after I purchased it, I have a problem. I'm sure it was just quality control issue, but I don't like to be bitten twice.
 
I have dealt with Toro's for the last 30 years. Sorry you have a problem. I can find someone who will tell you to beware of whatever unit you buy. On this site I am surprised someone has said I TOLD YOU SO already. If your dealer does not help you post back, because it will be the first time I have heard that Toro would not stand behind their units for a non consumer problem.
 
Yeah, I hear you. Got it from home depot. Might just go with a straight push mower. I didn't need the self propelled feature, but liked the engine size and couldn't find a push with similar ratings.
 
Back
Top