New to Honda

Threads
I just got a Honda self propelled and I was told it does not have any compression.. so I pulled the valve cover and I see a belt which I have learned is the cam belt..
I’m new to all this Honda motor thing
hoping someone could learn me a thing or two about Honda motors, especially compared to Briggs, which is all I have experience with..
Model# GJAAA-1202545
MY2*
HRX 217
versamow 4 in 1 system

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is there a dent in the rocker cover ?
Common problem is running into some thing , denting the cover with prevents a valve from fully closing thus no compression
Also do the pencil down the plug hole trick to make sure the piston is going up & down .
LEt us know what you find .

Threads
Is there a dent in the rocker cover ?
Common problem is running into some thing , denting the cover with prevents a valve from fully closing thus no compression
Also do the pencil down the plug hole trick to make sure the piston is going up & down .
LEt us know what you find .
All that seems good.. pretty sure it’s gonna be the cam belt..
Right now I’m trying to remove the flywheel to cleanup and to check the woodruff key.. no luck yet tho..
Built extensions for my puller and now I do not have enuf hands..
Thank you for your reply..

volvofan94

Threads
I would consider doing a compression test or cylinder leak down test before pulling the engine apart to confirm the loss of compression. Personally, I haven't read or heard of a timing belt breaking on a Honda OHC engine yet, but I suppose it could happen. With the valve cover off, and enlisting the help of a friend, have your friend pull the starter rope then you can see if the cam rotates.