New to Cub Cadet and riding mowers, questions

s76l42

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, I just purchased a Cub Cadet XT1 LT50. I have never had a riding mower before, so I am excited. It was delivered yesterday. I would like to know what advice and tips you can offer to keep my mower in tip top condition. The delivery driver said to use Seafoam and add that to the gas, someone else told me to use stabil. What should I use and exactly what product should I purchase? Also, what is the best oil and how often do you recommend I change it. The deck has an adapter attached that you can use to connect a garden hose to clean it but I worry about getting it wet. Should I use that or just use a leaf blower and reach under to clean the blades and bottom of deck?
The delivery driver also said to connect the battery to a charger, what type of charger and he said I can leave the battery in and connected to the mower while the charger is connected. Is that the best practice. I live in a state that freezes during winter. Should I bring the battery inside or is it ok in the garage?
Thank you for any advice. The mechanic where I bought it said it is a good mower but an issue he sees with this model and all Cub Cadet's is that the gas causes the carburetor and engine to have problems. I am not sure what he meant if anyone can clarify?

cuda383

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the forum. The best thing for your carburetor is to use non ethanol gas. Stabil will work if you can't get non ethanol. Just follow your maintenance schedule and change out the break in oil at the beginning. Not sure how many hours it is. Some are after the first 5 hrs. As far as the wash port I never use it. Try not to mow wet grass and that will help tremendously. The blower should work fine. Always good to put the battery on a trickle charger or tender for storage.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The delivery driver said to use Seafoam and add that to the gas, someone else told me to use stabil.

I would use either Seafoam or Startron. I won't touch Stabil if somebody gave it to me. Stabil claims to stabilize gas for 2 years but the product also expires 2 years after opening.

Also, what is the best oil and how often do you recommend I change it

Use what ever brand that you like as long as it meets the requirements for your engine. And the first oil change should be what the operators manual recommends or after the first mowing season. And then annual oil changes after that depending on hours used.

The deck has an adapter attached that you can use to connect a garden hose to clean it but I worry about getting it wet. Should I use that or just use a leaf blower and reach under to clean the blades and bottom of deck?

Don't use it since one they don't work well, and you are better off keeping water away from the deck due to bearing issues. leaf blower or blow nozzle for air compressor is much better option.

And either a trinkle charger or regular battery charger is fine with a low amp charge and maintain function. And it can be left in the mower in the garage.

And the carb fuel issue comes from the junk fuel that is sold and people leaving fuel that gets old and one of the reasons I don't like stabil is it leaves residue in the carb that allows me to make the customer go huh when I mentions that they were using Stabil when I have to clean and repair the carb due to bad fuel.

s76l42

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you so much for your advice.

double yellow

Threads
I have a X@ 1045 2014 that was giving to me because the person wanted a zero turn. Mower is a pain in the as to start when the enging is cold, Have to use starter fluid. but still a pain. When enging is warm fine. Engine is a 18 hp twin cam single cyl. You would think CC would be concerned about the problems , CC uses to be a very good moweer or garden tractor many a year ago I guess there are some new ones that are still reliable , I have a cc Z forse 2018 . 23 kohlor , fine mower so far.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a X@ 1045 2014 that was giving to me because the person wanted a zero turn. Mower is a pain in the as to start when the enging is cold, Have to use starter fluid. but still a pain. When enging is warm fine. Engine is a 18 hp twin cam single cyl. You would think CC would be concerned about the problems , CC uses to be a very good moweer or garden tractor many a year ago I guess there are some new ones that are still reliable , I have a cc Z forse 2018 . 23 kohlor , fine mower so far.
Have you checked to see if the choke is closing all the way. It adjustable. Sea Foam is good stuff.

double yellow

Threads
The choke set up is in mu book messeed up . when you open throudle all the was the choke does not close or move, I installed a wire to make the choke close when throudle when throudle is full open, Still that does not work. Just have to keep using starter fluid and keep trying to start it. Pain in the as.