New Tires

Giles

Well-Known Member
About two years ago, I checked with ChinaMart for 23x8.50-12 tires for my Wheel Horse. Could not believe they wanted close to $70 EACH:thumbdown:
I was at a local tire company, later, and the owner checked his price. He ordered two and included mounting for just over $100.:thumbsup:
Fast forward two years and I need two more for My G16----I called today and he wants $223.00:frown:
This is absolutely UNREAL:mad::mad:
 
About two years ago, I checked with ChinaMart for 23x8.50-12 tires for my Wheel Horse. Could not believe they wanted close to $70 EACH:thumbdown:
I was at a local tire company, later, and the owner checked his price. He ordered two and included mounting for just over $100.:thumbsup:
Fast forward two years and I need two more for My G16----I called today and he wants $223.00:frown:
This is absolutely UNREAL:mad::mad:

Is that a fairly rare size? If it's a low volume item, that may be the reason for the high price.

Have you tried searching online for a better deal?
 
No--its not an odd size. I have checked the web and eBay and the lowest price is somewhere around $75 each:thumbdown:
Mounting these tires is not simple--like smaller front tires. The last time I did one, I said NEVER AGAIN:mad:
I am still looking:thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
About two years ago, I checked with ChinaMart for 23x8.50-12 tires for my Wheel Horse. Could not believe they wanted close to $70 EACH:thumbdown:
I was at a local tire company, later, and the owner checked his price. He ordered two and included mounting for just over $100.:thumbsup:
Fast forward two years and I need two more for My G16----I called today and he wants $223.00:frown:
This is absolutely UNREAL:mad::mad:

i would say that you can look for local mower auctions and by a P.O.S. with the same tires and rims that will fit on there. i once bought a working rider for three dollars and sold it at locattion for ten. it you know what your doing there you casn make a killing. :cool:
 
No--its not an odd size. I have checked the web and eBay and the lowest price is somewhere around $75 each:thumbdown:
Mounting these tires is not simple--like smaller front tires. The last time I did one, I said NEVER AGAIN:mad:
I am still looking:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah, I guess it's like a car tire in terms of mounting. The $233 for two seems high if it's not an odd size.
 
Didn't notice where you are, but just got 4 today 2 rear in the size you mentioned and 2 front for the Wheelhorse --- all 4 with tubes, mounting, & tax $288 Carslile tires from Southern States.
 
About two years ago, I checked with ChinaMart for 23x8.50-12 tires for my Wheel Horse. Could not believe they wanted close to $70 EACH:thumbdown:
I was at a local tire company, later, and the owner checked his price. He ordered two and included mounting for just over $100.:thumbsup:
Fast forward two years and I need two more for My G16----I called today and he wants $223.00:frown:
This is absolutely UNREAL:mad::mad:

Mounting those tires is not THAT difficult, You can break the beads with a large C-clamp and by using a mid-sized pair of tire irons removing the tire from the rim is not that hard. Tire prices are really weird these days, so many factors come into play. It is next to impossible to find a well made tire at a decent price.
 
you also get the 9.5 or 10.5 wide too...but i take the tires down to the tire shop and they only charge $10 a piece to mount.......that guys a rip off!...check mower repair places for a used set....but that $70 sounds normal for that size im afraid
 
Back
Top