New SD 60" Left in Driveway

gabowman

Threads
I would ask for a replaced hour meter. By showing alot of hours already it'll hurt the owner should he ever want to upgrade or sell right out and buy something else down the road. Hustler should replace it free of charge since the mower is new.

Doug44

Threads
Thanks Guys for all replies.
Machine is brand new all over but hour meter reading. Not a mark on the blades or underside. Engine,etc has that smell you get from all new equipment . Similar to new car smell.
Maybe I'm taking a risk on poor or nonexistent dealer prep,but it was delivered to my place for under four thousand ($3989.04] . Veterans discount included . Thats why my farm equipment guy does not sell them any more I'm pretty sure.
I appreciate the advice on starting procedures.
I am going over the entire machine with my torque wrench and data from the on-line manuals before it cuts one blade of grass. I will report back my findings and on the BIG DOG dealer relationship .
[ Wow, the steering controls are butter smooth,quick and quiet, especially compared to the skid steers I've owned.]

I bought my SD from my local Hustler Dealer (less than 2 mile from my doorstep) for under $4K delivered including tax. It was also low on hydro oil I think this is very common and it will continue to need topped off for a few hours. Again my local Hustler dealer gave me a qt of hydro oil which is nothing but standard motor type oil. If I recall correctly I added about 1/2 qt in the hydro drives before they stopped sipping oil. IMHO I don't think there is a lot of dealer prep after uncratting these mowers. Outside of the hour meter I wouldn't be too concerned, you seem to have a good handle on things.

With only 35 hr on my unit I must say I am more than happy with our Hustler raptor SD. Great looking lawn cut for an 54" mower IMO. I mow @ 4" level above ground and have the nicest looking lawn in the area. You have made a good choice & buy enjoy 

Bamacat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I am IMPRESSED!
After contacting Hustler customer service , Excel Corp. [1.800.530.5876] and talking with Julio and Dan in Hesston ,Ks. They got the ball rolling on getting my machine going. Top Choice Supply [205.436.2688] in Bessemer,Al.[50+miles away] contacted me and treated me very well .Even though they sell Big Dog mowers , they sent two well trained mechanics and changed out the hour meter , ignition switch [it appeared to be damaged] and solenoid [which was the main problem]. They checked the machine over and went over its operation and all controls with me. Then they tested this machine on my yard. Great service all around.NO Charge for anything!!
It gets better!
Another dealer about the same distance from me was also contacted by Hustler Customer Service. This was Rogers Auto & Truck [205.932.6787] in Fayette ,Al. They called and assured me they would be happy to provide service and parts and honor the warranty.
I received at least 4 calls all during this from Julio in Kansas, checking to make sure everything was being taken care of. That is CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Homer1

Threads
Most mowers are shipped low on Hydro fluid. Once the motors fill up completely after a few test rides, it can be filled to the correct amount. I run my overflow about 1/4 full to allow plenty of expansion of hot fluid. You don't want to top them off, ever.

As for your BBS experience. I nearly did the same thing, but then after calling a few Hustler dealers they made it a point to state "We do not service any Raptor series mowers," mainly because of the fact that they can't keep up sales with them. All their promotions and the 5% you get by using a card pretty much cuts your average dealers throat.

As for the hours, Yeah I would bitch about that pretty hard, at least get some cash back. It could have been a demo unit as well, that people got to test drive. Also, you may want to source a dealer that WILL work on your raptor. I had a hard time finding one around here that would, something that took Hustler off my buy list. I did have some that sold the Fastrack and serviced them as well, but as for the Raptor's, Lowes was my only option.

Doug44

Threads
Well I am IMPRESSED!
After contacting Hustler customer service , Excel Corp. [1.800.530.5876] and talking with Julio and Dan in Hesston ,Ks. They got the ball rolling on getting my machine going. Top Choice Supply [205.436.2688] in Bessemer,Al.[50+miles away] contacted me and treated me very well .Even though they sell Big Dog mowers , they sent two well trained mechanics and changed out the hour meter , ignition switch [it appeared to be damaged] and solenoid [which was the main problem]. They checked the machine over and went over its operation and all controls with me. Then they tested this machine on my yard. Great service all around.NO Charge for anything!!
It gets better!
Another dealer about the same distance from me was also contacted by Hustler Customer Service. This was Rogers Auto & Truck [205.932.6787] in Fayette ,Al. They called and assured me they would be happy to provide service and parts and honor the warranty.
I received at least 4 calls all during this from Julio in Kansas, checking to make sure everything was being taken care of. That is CUSTOMER SERVICE.

So glad this has a happy ending ! I know if you are like most of us, we have to work too hard for our money not to be taken care of with a $4K purchase. Kept us informed in the future.

FieldCut48

Threads
I came home the other day and found my Raptor SD's battery dead. My kids apparently played with it and left the key on. I now have a new mower that should be showing 10hrs or so but is showing 82hours instead. I will look into having the gauge changed.