New Scag Cheetah...need help...

RobbyR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need help...I have a scag cheetah with 42 hours and my deck belt just broke. I was mowing just fine level ground and it broke by the middle front pulley all blades are free. Has anybody else had similar problem. I would've thought I would have gotten more hours then that out of new belt. Please help.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to the Forums...
Check your belt path, are all pulleys including Idler all at the same level? are any of the pulleys bent?
With only 42 hours that Must still be under Warranty, If you can't find the problem, have your dealer check it out.
I have decks that have many Hundreds of hours on the belts. I can go through Many sets of blades on the same belts...
:smile:KennyV

Boudreaux

Threads
Need help...I have a Scag Cheetah with 42 hours and my deck belt just broke. I was mowing just fine level ground and it broke by the middle front pulley all blades are free. Has anybody else had similar problem. I would've thought I would have gotten more hours then that out of new belt. Please help.

Hello RobbyR,

I'm a proud new owner of a Cheetah. Although I only have ten hours and no issues, I'm wondering what resolutions you were able to find in your belt issue....???

:smile: :wink: :smile: