New Riding mower

vabear

Threads
just purchase a Craftsman 247-2884, 42," Hydrostatic drive riding mower. This is my first riding mower and i have a few questions. First, the throttle return spring (or whatever it is called) seems to be very strong, it is difficult to launch this beast with out jerking a bit as I can't just ease in to pedal, but must add more pressure than I think should be required. Is this normal, will it get better with age or is there a lesser strength spring. Also she advertises cutting height from 11/2" to 4" with five cutting height settings. Well if they run from 1 1/2" per setting I would think there would be 6 setting positions. OK, I am done, please be kind in your resopnes as I am 76 years of age.:confused2:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
vabear said:
just purchase a Craftsman 247-2884, 42," Hydrostatic drive riding mower. This is my first riding mower and i have a few questions. First, the throttle return spring (or whatever it is called) seems to be very strong, it is difficult to launch this beast with out jerking a bit as I can't just ease in to pedal, but must add more pressure than I think should be required. Is this normal, will it get better with age or is there a lesser strength spring. Also she advertises cutting height from 11/2" to 4" with five cutting height settings. Well if they run from 1 1/2" per setting I would think there would be 6 setting positions. OK, I am done, please be kind in your resopnes as I am 76 years of age.:confused2:

Congrats on the new mower. I believe your going to be very happy with this mower.
Call sears and ask them to move the spring for you to the bottom hole and that should help.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

vabear

Threads
Thanks, I can move the spring and I also think I should lubricate the linkage.