New Raptor SD clutch rattle

Kremeneon

Threads
I would imagine someone could experiment with a slight shim under the back of the anchor where it bolts to the frame/engine pan, to bias it slightly forward.

mhavanti

Threads
Hustler Raptor SD60 Clutch.jpgThe rattle everyone is referring to, is it the God awful shudder when you engage the blades? Mine shudders and almost kills the engine. My clutch seems to be the same as the pre-recall. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

Kremeneon

Threads
One washer is pre-recall. Looks like it to me.

mhavanti

Threads
One washer is pre-recall. Looks like it to me.

Thank you kindly. I thought I was pretty sure even after I finally looked at the serial number.

Is the violent shudder pre-supposed to the slack in the bolt head spacing in your opinion?

jaybird1

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower was taken in for the first oil change last week and hustler sent a second fix kit to my dealer to remedy the noise problem of the clutch.
From the work order receipt I see a "rubber bumper" part #(hus784918) and a "pulley" part #(hus604712). I hope this fixes the problem. I
have not been able to use the mower since they returned the mower with the new fix because I have been traveling. However, I will be able to
use it today and will post my findings later this evening.

J

mhavanti

Threads
My dealer says mine has already been repaired by the factory before it was shipped. Although the photo shows no washers and the purchase was two months before the recall. I hope your repair fixes your mower, Jbird.

akcooper9

Threads
My mower was taken in for the first oil change last week and hustler sent a second fix kit to my dealer to remedy the noise problem of the clutch.
From the work order receipt I see a "rubber bumper" part #(hus784918) and a "pulley" part #(hus604712). I hope this fixes the problem. I
have not been able to use the mower since they returned the mower with the new fix because I have been traveling. However, I will be able to
use it today and will post my findings later this evening.

J

JBIRD any updates?

jaybird11

Forum Newbie
Threads
JBIRD any updates?

Hey guys, sorry, got side tracked with some family obligations. I used the Raptor SD yesterday to cut 2 acres, the kit they added to my machine has eliminated all of the clutch rattle!!!! It was a joy to run that thing to cut the lawn! Thanks hustler for getting this done!~ I will probably have only one more mow in a couple of weeks before the raptor hibernates in the shed. I posted the Hustler Part #s of what they added to my machine in a previous post, anyone having the rattle issue should take note and contact their dealers to get their grass assassin retrofitted.

mhavanti

Threads
I've still not heard back from my dealer about the clutch rattle other than he said it had been done even before the recall was made.

Anyone else experiencing this?

mhavanti

Threads
You are correct. This is what I know as of now...

1. I emailed my dealer (our usual, initial method of contact). This usually takes only a couple of days to respond.

2. Emailed Hustler requesting any information they have on the subject.

3. Jack, from Hustler, contacted me very quickly via email requesting information. We had a couple of emails during this conversation. He recommend I take the mower to the dealer and let them fix it up.

4. Meanwhile, I spoke to Chris at our dealer (Muscatine Lawn and Power). He has been looking into the situation and discussing it with Hustler. He even went on to explain what is "really" happening and why it's happening. Honestly, it was all pretty much jibberish to me. lol

5. Later that evening, Mark from Hustler contacted me via the phone. He pretty much reassured me that Hustler is not only aware of the issue, but have been in direct contact with my dealer. He went on to try and explain what is causing it, again -- jibberish to me. He mentioned there are differrent ways of reducing the noise, but they could possibly only be a short term fix. Hustler has been working on fixing it from happening in the first place, not just a temp fix.

6. Where this is at for me... Hustler is sending parts to my dealer to see what helps this issue the best. I'll be contacted at that time. I was reassured by Hustler this will not harm the machine.

Overall, I am very confident this is getting the attention it needs. I'm extremely happy with the speed these guys are replying to everything going on. Kudos goes out to Chris from Muscatine Lawn and Power, as well as Jack and Mark from Hustler.

BTW: Mark also spoke of the different methods being tried on these very forums. So if anyone wondered, Yes they do visit lawnmowerforum.com. :)

Do you still have the service department phone number and if so, may I have it? Mhavanti@yahoo.com