New Purchase Gravely ZT XL

keeplearnin

Threads
Hey Guys just wanted to take some time and introduce myself and let you know for about a month now I have been the proud owner of a Gravely ZT XL 42 mower. In short, this mower has been a phenomenal purchase for me and well worth all the research that I had did. Before you go any further, I apologize about the long winded post but I am very passionate about mowing and wanted to provide a good resource for someone else who may be interested in purchasing this mower.

Some of you may know me due to my problem I had with another dealer that sold me a brand new but 2 year old Toro Timecutter SS4260. I ending up returning this mower to the dealer due their unethical way of doing business. Little did I know that whole situation was a blessing in disguise. After that whole debacle I went back to the drawing board and really thought again about what I wanted. I have just under .75 acres of property to mow. I was having some trouble holding the slightly aggressive 12 to 15 degree slopes in my yard with the Toro and was dead set on getting a zero turn so I had to find a solution. The only problem was that I ultimately ended up having to spend another 1k to solve my problem. I ended up purchasing the Gravely ZT XL for all the reason listed below.

Good brand that you can only get from a dealer
I live in Wisconsin and love to support not only local dealerships but local companies too. Gravely痴 are made about an hour from where I live
Fabricated deck (the baby version of the X factor deck haha)
The 42 Deck fits through my 48 inch gate opening. Nothing bigger would fit.
Serviceable ZT2800 Hydros (I plan to own this mower for a long time)
Kawi Engine
No problems mowing the culverts around my house
Triple blade setup with a real mulch kit with baffles
Comfortable seat
Gravely Customer Service
That Gravely Red

I have been thinking over the past number of weeks it is a very short list of mowers that you can get all these features for 4 grand or less in a deck size of 42? Some come close like the Hustler Raptor but you don't get the serviceable hydros. Actually I will go on the record and say that I think the Gravely ZT XL is the best 42 zero turn on the market if you can get it with the Kawasaki engine. Anyhow, I have included a few pics so you can check it out. Let me know if you have any questions or want to know anything else about it.

IMG_1616.jpgIMG_1614.jpgIMG_1611.jpgIMG_1608.jpgIMG_1607.jpgIMG_1605.jpg

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Guys just wanted to take some time and introduce myself and let you know for about a month now I have been the proud owner of a Gravely ZT XL 42 mower. In short, this mower has been a phenomenal purchase for me and well worth all the research that I had did. Before you go any further, I apologize about the long winded post but I am very passionate about mowing and wanted to provide a good resource for someone else who may be interested in purchasing this mower.

Some of you may know me due to my problem I had with another dealer that sold me a brand new but 2 year old Toro Timecutter SS4260. I ending up returning this mower to the dealer due their unethical way of doing business. Little did I know that whole situation was a blessing in disguise. After that whole debacle I went back to the drawing board and really thought again about what I wanted. I have just under .75 acres of property to mow. I was having some trouble holding the slightly aggressive 12 to 15 degree slopes in my yard with the Toro and was dead set on getting a zero turn so I had to find a solution. The only problem was that I ultimately ended up having to spend another 1k to solve my problem. I ended up purchasing the Gravely ZT XL for all the reason listed below.

Good brand that you can only get from a dealer
I live in Wisconsin and love to support not only local dealerships but local companies too. Gravely痴 are made about an hour from where I live
Fabricated deck (the baby version of the X factor deck haha)
The 42 Deck fits through my 48 inch gate opening. Nothing bigger would fit.
Serviceable ZT2800 Hydros (I plan to own this mower for a long time)
Kawi Engine
No problems mowing the culverts around my house
Triple blade setup with a real mulch kit with baffles
Comfortable seat
Gravely Customer Service
That Gravely Red

I have been thinking over the past number of weeks it is a very short list of mowers that you can get all these features for 4 grand or less in a deck size of 42? Some come close like the Hustler Raptor but you don't get the serviceable hydros. Actually I will go on the record and say that I think the Gravely ZT XL is the best 42 zero turn on the market if you can get it with the Kawasaki engine. Anyhow, I have included a few pics so you can check it out. Let me know if you have any questions or want to know anything else about it.

View attachment 22238View attachment 22239View attachment 22240View attachment 22241View attachment 22242View attachment 22243
Congratulations on your new ZT XL and welcome to the growing Gravely family on the forums. The Gravely mulch kit works great doesn't it? It's the best accessory I've put on mine since buying in 2012. Yeah, you're gonna be real glad that other dealer slipped you a mickey on that Toro Timecutter....nowhere close to the machine you have now. Enjoy!!!!!

zmister11

Threads
Nice mower! I have the same one but a 48 inch cut. I just bought mine new last month aswell.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice mower! I have the same one but a 48 inch cut. I just bought mine new last month aswell.

You are using that ZT XL for a lawn service.....right? How many yards do you mow weekly? About how much "acreage" would that be weekly? I'm just curious about how well the ZT XL will perform under commercial use. I know that the XL doesn't come with a Commercial Warranty(has the 3-Year Consumer) like the ZT HD does(3-Year Consumer/1-Year Commercial). Did you consider going with the ZT HD for the Warranty? BTW, welcome to you as well in regard to joining the Gravely clan here if I haven't already told you that:0)

zmister11

Threads
You are using that ZT XL for a lawn service.....right? How many yards do you mow weekly? About how much "acreage" would that be weekly? I'm just curious about how well the ZT XL will perform under commercial use. I know that the XL doesn't come with a Commercial Warranty(has the 3-Year Consumer) like the ZT HD does(3-Year Consumer/1-Year Commercial). Did you consider going with the ZT HD for the Warranty? BTW, welcome to you as well in regard to joining the Gravely clan here if I haven't already told you that:0)

I don't really know abt the acres but usually only between 8-10 yards a week. I only had 4 grand so that's why I went with that mower. I'm hoping it'll last atleast a year and half so u can save up for a more commercial grade mower

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't really know abt the acres but usually only between 8-10 yards a week. I only had 4 grand so that's why I went with that mower. I'm hoping it'll last atleast a year and half so u can save up for a more commercial grade mower

Oh yeah, all Gravely's are built tough and it'll last you a couple of years easily. Hope you have a cheap, used mower as a backup just in case of a problem before you upgrade. Just keep on top of the Gravely's maintenance and let us know how well it is serving your needs!!

zmister11

Threads
Oh yeah, all Gravely's are built tough and it'll last you a couple of years easily. Hope you have a cheap, used mower as a backup just in case of a problem before you upgrade. Just keep on top of the Gravely's maintenance and let us know how well it is serving your needs!!

Okay i will :p

keeplearnin

Threads
Congratulations on your new ZT XL and welcome to the growing Gravely family on the forums. The Gravely mulch kit works great doesn't it? It's the best accessory I've put on mine since buying in 2012. Yeah, you're gonna be real glad that other dealer slipped you a mickey on that Toro Timecutter....nowhere close to the machine you have now. Enjoy!!!!!

You beta this mulch kit is excellent. My lawn looks like a plush carpet when I am all done. I didn't really notice how nice it was mulching until I took a look at the neighbors lawn who bags his whole yard and I didn't notice any discernible difference. Of course the best part is I don't have to be as conscious mowing around flower beds and my fence due to no side discharge.

Gary L.

Threads
Congratulations on the new mower. I just bought a Gravely mower and I love it so far!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congratulations on the new mower. I just bought a Gravely mower and I love it so far!

Sure have been a lot of guys discovering how nice of a ZTR Gravely makes lately....huh??? You need to check into the Gravely mulch kit......WOW what a difference it makes!!!