Archie06930

Threads
Hi Everyone,

I am Archie from Texas and I've enjoyed the Forums for several weeks now. I see there are a lot of very experienced members who seem very eager to jump in and offer help on just about any problem.

I own a five year old Craftsman LT1000 mower with an 18 hp I/C Briggs & Stratton engine. I've had more than my share of replacements on this mower, so I can't say I'd ever buy another Craftsman once this one is gone. To date, I've replaced two sets of belts, numerous blades, carburetor, one tire, transaxle, deck bearing/housing, spark plug, magneto coil, battery and starter. That's a lot of problems for a 5 year old mower. The worst part is that this is the second engine! The first was a 17 hp B&S that "died" under warranty due to the what they told me were "plastic cam parts" failing.

Anyway, glad to be here and have a place to voice my opinion and perhaps offer someone else advice some day.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to the forum from upper NY. I know what you are saying about Craftsman mowers I wouldn't buy one myself, but I also have some repair customers just love them and have had nothing but good luck with them. They just run them for ever with very minor repairs. Maybe it must be which one you get???

Archie06930

Threads
Could very well be which one you get. It's my first Craftsman mower, the previous one was a Walmart special, a Murray 12 hp that ran for 12 years with just new blades and an oil change every year so I expected a lot more out of a Craftsman. Hopefully whatever I buy next to replace the Craftsman will be long-lived with few problems like the Murray.