New Member from Kansas

Factotum

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
Good to find this forum. I bought a Woods Mow'n Machine 5215 last fall, and find it to be a very nice, heavy machine. Mine came with the Kubota D722-e diesel. Now, if I can only find a manual for this mower online somewhere. I found some manuals on eBay and Messicks has some good diagrams and parts. The mower is a front deck model.

The next time I mow, I will write down the model number and serial number for reference.

Regards,
Chuck

Last edited:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello Chuck! Welcome to LawnWorld.

:welcome:

Factotum

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you all for the welcomes. Mark, I had already found the site from fire-pump.com, on the Kubota d722 diesel. The charging system on the diesel is not charging, and I think that it is a failed dynamo/rectfier. I found one online for $40 shipped.

I have another mower that I bought last fall. It is a Swisher Big Mow with the fiberglass hood. Swisher claims it is the original ZTR. The front wheel is driven and pivots 360 degrees. Cute mower and actually does a good job is areas that are too tight for my Woods.

Regards,
Chuck

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you all for the welcomes. Mark, I had already found the site from fire-pump.com, on the Kubota d722 diesel. The charging system on the diesel is not charging, and I think that it is a failed dynamo/rectfier. I found one online for $40 shipped.

I have another mower that I bought last fall. It is a Swisher Big Mow with the fiberglass hood. Swisher claims it is the original ZTR. The front wheel is driven and pivots 360 degrees. Cute mower and actually does a good job is areas that are too tight for my Woods.

Regards,
Chuck
Thanks Chuck, please keep us informed as to what you find.

Factotum

Forum Newbie
Threads
In regard to the dynamo, it showed 14.9 volts on each of the two leads, so I went searching elsewhere. Tracing the wires, I found that they ran to the voltage regulator/rectifier, and from there to the fuse box. The fuse for the ammeter, a 10-amp, was blown. I replaced the fuse, but still no voltage to the ammeter. I replaced the regulator/rectifier with a new one for $38 and all is fine now. The dynamo charges the batter with a little over 13 VDC. This Woods mower, originally built by Grasshopper, is easy to work on.

Chuck

173abn

Threads
from one Kansan to another welcome....russ