New M-ZT 61

Devious6

Threads
New to the site and just got my first ZTR. I've been looking at them for a year now but kept nursing an old lawn tractor along to do the hard cutting on our property. I've also got a GTH27V52LS with a bagger for when I need to pickup grass and leaves. But, I've been spending 5+ hours a week cutting our property....and needed to cut that down. Last weekend my old White began stalling on side hills and running rough - carburetor rebuild time and I opted not to invest the money in a 1999 model tractor.

Today, my local Husqvarna delivered my M-ZT 61. I spent some time running it around our property getting used to the steering - but it's been raining on and off so I decided to put her away. I am really looking forward to getting her out this weekend and cutting the grass. I'm anxious to see how much time I can cut off the total time on tractor!

Here are a few pictures.

407335968.jpg 407335973.jpg 407335977.jpg

407335979.jpg 407335982.jpg

Mark.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
New to the site and just got my first ZTR. I've been looking at them for a year now but kept nursing an old lawn tractor along to do the hard cutting on our property. I've also got a GTH27V52LS with a bagger for when I need to pickup grass and leaves. But, I've been spending 5+ hours a week cutting our property....and needed to cut that down. Last weekend my old White began stalling on side hills and running rough - carburetor rebuild time and I opted not to invest the money in a 1999 model tractor.

Today, my local Husqvarna delivered my M-ZT 61. I spent some time running it around our property getting used to the steering - but it's been raining on and off so I decided to put her away. I am really looking forward to getting her out this weekend and cutting the grass. I'm anxious to see how much time I can cut off the total time on tractor!

Here are a few pictures.

View attachment 16314 View attachment 16315 View attachment 16316

View attachment 16317 View attachment 16318

Mark.
Congratulations, that's a fine looking machine and I'd guess you will cut your mowing time from 5+ hours to 2 hours or a little less!! Those Husqvarna M-ZT series are serious bang-for-your-buck and I would bet they are built on the same platform as the Dixon DX100 Commercial ZTR's(Husqvarna bought out Dixon a few years back). Keep us posted on how you like it's performance after you've mowed a few times!!

RatRacer

Threads
Welcome to LMF Mark.
Congrats, yours is bigger-n-mine, you win:laughing:

Devious6

Threads
Welcome to LMF Mark.
Congrats, yours is bigger-n-mine, you win:laughing:

Thanks!!! :laughing: I was actually looking for a 52 but none of the local dealers around here had one - since it's the end of the season all we could find was the 61. So, I grabbed it.

In reality, with the amount of grass I cut, the 61 is the better choice. A neighbor who owns a Deere ZTR didn't go with a wider deck because he was worried about burning out areas on slopes - but with 3 anti-scalp wheels/roller on this mower it seems unlikely. I guess I'll find out this weekend. :smile:

RatRacer

Threads
Congratulations, that's a fine looking machine and I'd guess you will cut your mowing time from 5+ hours to 2 hours or a little less!! Those Husqvarna M-ZT series are serious bang-for-your-buck and I would bet they are built on the same platform as the Dixon DX100 Commercial ZTR's(Husqvarna bought out Dixon a few years back). Keep us posted on how you like it's performance after you've mowed a few times!!

DJ-
You are correct. I went and visited my local Dixon dealer with my Dixon owning neighbor to get a new belt, and this mower a is hybrid of the DX161 / Ultra 52 series, with a sprinkling of Husqee pixy dust on the deck lift arrangement and machine color.

I prefer the orange over the blue anyways. :)

RatRacer

Threads
Thanks!!! :laughing: I was actually looking for a 52 but none of the local dealers around here had one - since it's the end of the season all we could find was the 61. So, I grabbed it.

In reality, with the amount of grass I cut, the 61 is the better choice. A neighbor who owns a Deere ZTR didn't go with a wider deck because he was worried about burning out areas on slopes - but with 3 anti-scalp wheels/roller on this mower it seems unlikely. I guess I'll find out this weekend. :smile:

It'll rock, and your stamped deck JD ZTR ownin' neighbor will be jealous. I don't see them doing much better on this model for upgrades, other than slapping a better seat and a Kawi resi. motor on it, to make a few hunnert bucks more and stay well below their commercial units attractiveness.:rolleyes:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
DJ-
You are correct. I went and visited my local Dixon dealer with my Dixon owning neighbor to get a new belt, and this mower a is hybrid of the DX161 / Ultra 52 series, with a sprinkling of Husqee pixy dust on the deck lift arrangement and machine color.

I prefer the orange over the blue anyways. :)

Yep, I almost pulled the string on a Dixon DX152 but got a little better deal on the Gravely. I looked at the Husqvarna's, but they didn't have the M-ZT series in their lineup last fall and the MZ524S(stamped deck) and MZ5225 just didn't make the cut(and I couldn't afford the P-ZT & PZ commercial series). I would have been "torn" between the M-ZT 52 and the Gravely:0)
I'm very happy, though, with my Gravely and am certain it'll be the last lawn mower I ever have to buy!!!