New HRX Line

trekgod3

Threads
Thanks for measuring and posting. 3,000 seems to be the number for 21" mowers. Was that with the blade engaged and self-propel, or idle?

I've got a tach now, and some warm days here, so I'll see what mine reads. If it's right around 3,000, I'm not going to fiddle with it unless/until I have a chance to mow some tall and thick grass and it doesn't seem to perform.

I still don't have any grass to mow to check RPM while cutting.

Mine doesn't have a blade brake so it was with the blades running but while the mower was not moving.

trekgod3

Threads
Robs You Tube name is Deermeat for Dinner.... He's a huge you tube star....... Gator hunting, fishing, ETC....

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Ok I know who he is now. I've seen quite a few of his YouTube videos.

Also, my mower does have the 2 holes on the metal tab with the spring.

Last edited:
Threads
Ok I know who he is now. I've seen quite a few of his YouTube videos.

Also, my mower does have the 2 holes on the metal tab with the spring.

Trekgod...........Yes the video of Steve's small engine Saloon is the the one to go by..... Moving the spring in the 2nd hole might be a bit toooo much on some mowers.........

Which tach do you have ??????

Sparkland

Threads
Do you think Honda will offer the extra year of warranty in March as they have done previously? Also, I sent a message to Robert. Is he still not back to work yet on this forum?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you think Honda will offer the extra year of warranty in March as they have done previously? Also, I sent a message to Robert. Is he still not back to work yet on this forum?

Robert has not posted on here for over a year. I think he has retired from here.

Sparkland

Threads
Sold my old (2 years) HRX2174HYA this morning to a nice gentleman and his son. I am looking to upgrade to a Honda with the electric start. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether the newest model HRX's are just as sturdy as the ones made a few years ago? I might have made a mistake since the HRX I sold did NOT have the auto choke. Is the Honda auto choke really as finicky as I am reading about?

**An all-new Honda GCV200 engine that delivers 10 percent more power and torque to the mower’s blades, to cut taller and thicker grass without stalling—saving time and wear on the engine. The newly redesigned Honda HRX Series is the company’s first lawn mower line to incorporate the new GCV200 engine.
**A streamlined, innovative engine layout that saves time by making it easier for the user to fill the fuel tank, monitor and change the oil, access the sparkplug and air cleaner, allowing for faster, easier and reduced routine maintenance.
**Innovative, modern styling—reflecting similar sleek, aerodynamic designs that can be seen across other Honda product lines, including automobiles, motorcycles and even jets.

Last edited:

cruzenmike

Threads
I cannot speak for the 2019 models but the HRX I purchased in 2009 had the autochoke and until I sold it last summer I had went 9 years with not a single choke problem.