New here. 2023 eXmark lazer z x 60” with adapt deck clang

jack6851

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New here. 2023 eXmark lazer z x 60” with adapt deck clang
New here. I can’t seem to find anyone talking about this Adapt feature. I have 15 hours on my machine and I’m going to go insane with all of the banging and clanging coming from Adapt adjustment arm banging against height adjustment pin with every single bump I hit; which also seems to have some noise from deck holding rods (whatever the term is); mower deck lifts up with every bump I hit as well adding to the noise and, obviously, uncut grass. Don’t tell me there’s such a thing as a lawn that rides so smooth, you don’t feel a single bump because I won’t believe you. But this noise is out of control for $19,000. Oh and also a ton of vibration noise (metal on metal again) coming from deck locking handle housing (black metal type surround with “X-Series” logo on the side). Cuts great but barely stripes, if/when, at all. Grass looks like carpet more than anything.

I guess I’m looking to find if this is normal???? Or if the mower was setup wrong from dealer maybe since this is still a new(er) feature?? Really feel awful saying that but if eXmark released this product knowing about all this noise then I’m just amazed. It’s enough to drive somebody insane. Can’t imagine what the neighbors think.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At 15 hours take it back to the dealer
Also send a LETTER you know the things on paper to eXmark
They will tell you to take it to the dealer for warranty service but it is worth doing as proof that this was a problem from day one
Take some photos of the mountings now so you can see what was done when you get it back repaired ( hopefully )

jack6851

Forum Newbie
Threads
At 15 hours take it back to the dealer
Also send a LETTER you know the things on paper to eXmark
They will tell you to take it to the dealer for warranty service but it is worth doing as proof that this was a problem from day one
Take some photos of the mountings now so you can see what was done when you get it back repaired ( hopefully )
Berts, thank you for the reply. I came here first before crying wolf to the dealer in case this is just actually how it operates, unfortunately. Calling dealer tomorrow and will see what they say, for starters. Good idea on the letter as well