New head installed. Original fan shroud won't fit

Additionally, I found 1 guy on the net that said he had the same problem. He ziz wheeled the fins and it fit. My fear is, the head was engineered this way for a reason (my thoughts are to create more cooling surface for these class of heads that heat up and the valve guides move). If I cut this thing is it going to cause the head to overheat? I'm at a loss.

What I would do is make 2 release cuts in the blower housing to allow it to buldge out with the fins. That way if it has to be replaced you could just push it back in if the new head does not have the extra fins.
 
Hey guys. I didn't want to leave this thread hanging without a response to how I fixed this problem. I made relief cuts in the blower housing and slipped the housing over the newly designed extended cooling fins and slipped the blower shroud that surrounds the block back under the blower housing. It buttoned right back up like a champ. The new head didn't fix my problem (I posted further questions on a earlier thread I had posted about this mower) but the advice I got on here absolutely helped me fix the fitment problem. Now if you guys could assist me with my original thread (MOWER BOGGING) that would be much appreciated. As always, thank you so much for the help.
 
Back
Top