New Exmark Radius e series RAE708GEM52300 mulch help

not trying to thread jack but Im using the mulch kit on a radius x series as well. Havent had any issues the OP has had, but I only have had to cut in dry conditions luckily. Just looking for best cut overall and figured Id ask for advice before I started experimenting. I currently run the full mulch kit with the wavy blades. Has any one run other blades WITH the mulch kit and gotten great quality of cut? I have the Exmark extreme blades (gator style) and the regular notched high lifts.


My plan was to sharpen them all and then run them doing sections on my back yard and compare. But ill skip all that if anyone already has the inside scoop for me! thanks guys
Don't bother. The wavy mulchers are the way to go with the mulch kit. You'll have grass blowing out the front of the deck all over the place with Gators or high lifts.
 
Don't bother. The wavy mulchers are the way to go with the mulch kit. You'll have grass blowing out the front of the deck all over the place with Gators or high lifts.

thanks Darryl. How about best overall cut, even if that means no mulch kit? Guessing the stock high lift blades? Ultracut 4 deck if I didn't mention that before.
 
Both my Exmarks cut best with high lift blades but once we get past the ridiculous spring growth my preferred blades are the Gator G5 blades (discharging) on both Exmarks and my Bob-Cat.
 
Been a while but have an update. Adjusting the baffles and going back to the standard high lift blades seem to be the best solutions. That and lowering the deck height down some in non plush lawns.

My issue now is I now a majority of my lawns starting at about 6:30 and even if it just a tad bit damp it clogs the deck to where I am always having to raid and hold the deck up letting it clear out. I really think I may go back to a side discharge with a close off chute for mowing toward things. I really like the mulch but it just doesn’t work that well on my mower apparently. Not sure what to do.
 
Been a while but have an update. Adjusting the baffles and going back to the standard high lift blades seem to be the best solutions. That and lowering the deck height down some in non plush lawns.

My issue now is I now a majority of my lawns starting at about 6:30 and even if it just a tad bit damp it clogs the deck to where I am always having to raid and hold the deck up letting it clear out. I really think I may go back to a side discharge with a close off chute for mowing toward things. I really like the mulch but it just doesn’t work that well on my mower apparently. Not sure what to do.

Are you using the high lift blades with the mulch kit? I emailed Exmark service just for the heck of it to see there take on it. They said with the mulch kit to use there wavy mulch blades for the best overall quality etc and to keep them sharp at 28*-30*. They also stated that everyone has different styles and to experiment to find my favorite style of cut.

Not sure if that if info helped but it’s direct
From Exmark so I figured I’d post it
 
Yes using the blade that came with the mulch kit. If it’s later and 100% completely dry of any and all dew then it cuts great unless it’s tall.
 
gotchya. So sounds like you took the mulch baffles off and went back to the stock notched high lifts to solve the issue?
 
Currently mulch kit and blades that came with that kit are still installed. Having a hard time making myself take it off even with the issues.
 
You need to clean the deck after every lawn, and sometimes during the cut on a lawn if you're trying to mulch wet grass.

I don't understand people who come here looking for advice and ignore it. I have over 5,000 hours of experience mowing with Exmark mowers, with and without mulch kits in all conditions you can imagine...mulch kits are not suitable for cutting wet grass!
 
You need to clean the deck after every lawn, and sometimes during the cut on a lawn if you're trying to mulch wet grass.

I don't understand people who come here looking for advice and ignore it. I have over 5,000 hours of experience mowing with Exmark mowers, with and without mulch kits in all conditions you can imagine...mulch kits are not suitable for cutting wet grass!

I’m taking your advice buddy! Mulch kit with wavy blades, and then I’ll probably swap out to use the notched high lift blades with no mulch kit to see if it gives me the best cut like
Your getting. The only issue I remember having when not using a mulch kit is sometimes with the massive spring growth it would leave a lot of clippings, meaning it looks bad or I need to double cut.
 
Back
Top