New Echo Equipment

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Am going to buy some handheld equipment in the next few days. I am strongly considering going with Echo. The reason being we run Kubota mowers and the Kubota dealer is now going to be the Echo dealer as well. We need one more string trimmer, an edger, and probably a pole saw as well. Any input as what models to buy and possibly what models to stay away from?

Mudface777

Threads
I have a Echo SRM-230 and I absolutely love it. Its powerful and reliable.

Mudface777

Threads
About 5 years. I use it everyday on lawns. Obviously you have to do preventive maintenance on it. Like change the air filter, and spark plug but other then that no issues.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those are the ones I learned on good machines

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a PAS-225 Value Pack Pro Attachment Series. Had the string trimmer and an edger in the deal. Gonna get the pole saw and probably the brush blade attachment.

Wildcat

Threads
Am going to buy some handheld equipment in the next few days. I am strongly considering going with Echo. The reason being we run Kubota mowers and the Kubota dealer is now going to be the Echo dealer as well. We need one more string trimmer, an edger, and probably a pole saw as well. Any input as what models to buy and possibly what models to stay away from?

We have two SRM -225's trimmers that are used and abused everyday. They are about two season old and I finally broke the original speed feed head cover the other day. We ordered three more via Echo website and they were here the following day. As it was said earlier, just your regular maintenance will keep these trimmers running.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The 225 is good the carb is ****. I got my srm 230 carb I am going to put on my trimmer 225 in hopes it'll last long

Mudface777

Threads
I never had any issues with the carbs on the 225's. However I do adjust the jets for peak performance.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
How do you adjust the jets? Thought they weren't adjustable. I've been through the machine 1000 times never seen an adjustment screw