New Coil No spark

Threads
My John Deere F510 riding mower will not spark. Has new plug , new OEM coil, new plug boot. Sanded magnet front and back. Gap is set to .012 on coil. Disconnected kill wire. Grounding plug firmly. Flywheel spins fast. Still no spark. What else could it possibly be?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First check to see if you mounted the coil upside down. Second set the air gap to .010”. If that fails post all engine numbers.

jd 300

Threads
Check the spark igniter ignition module it's a little square chip that fires the coil. This is on a john deere kaw engine next to the starter. Then check Amazon they are a lot cheaper then john deere.

Threads
I d
Check the spark igniter ignition module it's a little square chip that fires the coil. This is on a john deere kaw engine next to the starter. Then check Amazon they are a lot cheaper then john deere.
i don’t see anything that looks like a little small chip next to the starter. This mower is 27 years old and it may not have one. There is a clylinder looking module next to the starter that connects the large red wire to the battery.

Threads
First check to see if you mounted the coil upside down. Second set the air gap to .010”. If that fails post all engine numbers.
Wouldn’t be able to mount the coil upside down and have it still connect to the kill wire and spark plug. However I tried it upside down just to check to see if that might work and it did not. Set air gap to .010. Did not help. This is a kawa PA 420A-BS02. E/No pa 420A009701.

Threads
I d

i don’t see anything that looks like a little small chip next to the starter. This mower is 27 years old and it may not have one. There is a clylinder looking module next to the starter that connects the large red wire to the battery.
Ok. I guess there is a igniter ignition module. They have one for sale. on Amazon for $80.00. This seems to connect to the kill wire and. Everyone has been telling me to try to get spark with kill wire disconnected. I like your advice. Is there a way to test the one on there?

jd 300

Threads
The little silver square chip is on my 14 hp kaw engine john deere which is over 20 years old.I looked your engine up at the kaw site and it has a igniter module look for it. part number 21119-2101 igniter. BOUGHT MINE WHEN IT WENT KUPUT ON E-BAY. You would need a good one to see what the difference is with yours.

Last edited:
Threads
The little silver square chip is on my 14 hp kaw engine john deere which is over 20 years old.I looked your engine up at the kaw site and it has a igniter module look for it. part number 21119-2101 igniter.
I see Am132770. Which says it fits F510. Looks like mine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You were told that because you never told us what engine you had.