New coil no fire. almost new pressure washer.

steff

Forum Newbie
Mice ate through the plug wire. Don't see any other wiring damage. New coil appears to be correct one. No oil sensor, one kill wire goes to on-off switch. Strangest thing is, kill wire goes to soldered clip on the core. Coil core is already grounded through the mount. switch goes to open at run and ground at stop pos. but the coil is already grounded so how can it spark? No insulator between the block and the coil core. I'm missing something. Yes, regapped the coil 3 times with card stock and thin plastic.
 
We need more info before anyone can offer helpful opinions. Please post all engine numbers and the part number for the coil you purchased. Also, did you purchase the coil from a dealer or off the internet.
 
Depending on the serial number your engine could use three different coils. I’ve attached a service manual which has wiring diagrams and pictures show the ignition system which should help you out. Reading your first post I think the wires are hooked up wrong, the manual should help with this. Personal experience has taught me that I can’t trust electrical parts purchased off the internet, especially if I can’t verify the site. Post back if you have more questions.https://www.georgiaffa.org/docs/sidemodules/57817_Honda%20Repair%20Manual%20for%20GCV%20135-160-190%20&%20GSV%20190%20(1).pdf
 
The kill clip should be sticking out of the epoxy on the side of the coil. It shouldn't be connect to the iron core, otherwise you will have the problem that have now.
 
Back
Top