New Briggs engine won’t shut off with snapper key.

snappy0169

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. I have an older Snapper rear engine rider that had an intek 12.0 on it that decided to throw a rod. Decided that the best thing was to just replace the engine with something new. the new engine has a lot more wires of course, and I’m having some trouble with them, and Briggs and Stratton New Delhi based customer service is less than helpful. i was finally able to get the mower started by replacing the float bowl that had the little servo in it, with the bowl from the old engine. Engine starts and runs great, even with the snapper electric start key, but now my engine will not turn off with the key. The engine also starts regardless of the brake being pressed or not, and the seat sensor doesn’t cut the engine off either. I’ve attached all the old wiring to the new engine as best as I know how, but there is a Control unit on the new engine with a red and yellow wire, and a black wire from this new control module going up into the engine. I know that all my components on the snapper are working because they were all in working order just last year before the motor blew up. anyone have any idea what I might do to have my engine shut off with the key?
Snapper model:281223bve
engine model (as recommended by Briggs):21R807-0072-G1

i know that the red wire from the control module is to be wired into the old plug for the battery charging system. The black and gray cords go to the float bowl actuator, which are unnecessary now that I’ve replaced the float bowl. I have no idea what the yellow wire, or the black wire on the outside of the module are. The only other difference was that the old engine had a wire that was connected to a small black plastic square piece with a bolt and two nuts. i Believe this is where my problem lies, as it might be the cut off wires. The mower has two wires that are connected to this piece but the new engine didn’t have this wire. If anyone has any info on this, please help.0716991F-7254-429C-B6C8-7D1B289864E7.jpeg07199280-5699-41F5-B24E-8249449FF7F1.jpegEE8C3F75-FBFC-4F0F-8ED2-DF43B2FD62B7.jpeg515C9030-8E83-4A29-ABDD-203CA787BEE8.jpeg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think you will find that the grey wire goes to the fuel solenoid, but the black wire in that same connector goes under the blower housing and connects to the ignition module and would be the wire that connected to the black square on the old engine.