Neighbors that cut grass beyond the property line

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
There may be set back requirements for instance, my subdivision calls for no permanent structure within 5 ft. of property line but neighbor put fence right on line anyway. I didn't report him as he was the Personal Rep. for a company I was trying to get on at, I did. Neighbor behind did mow a couple of feet over my line right down into the dirt as said above and crocked. Got new neighbor, will see this year. I mow 3" high.

Walt Conner
I believe you either must make an issue of the fence in some locals or the property line becomes moved in accordance with the structure distance, thus you loose property if let alone. I also believe in some cases/local laws, you can claim the fence as yours with legal action or have it taken down and moved. Get local legal advise soon.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Maybe instead of a fence you could create a little flower island strip and put up some nice tall ornamental grasses which look nice and give you some privacy as well given you mentioned small lots.
Or some really nasty plants with very sharp thorns
OR dig your entire front yard over & turn it into a garden with a deep drainage ditch along the fence line.
Gardens actually take less effort over time than lawns do if you use a lot of prennenials & bulbs

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll bet that just deep tilling that area, and watering it well would stop anyone from passing thru it. That is how a neighbor stopped a kid that used to cut across his lawn. Cost a ton to get a tow truck to pull the car out which was up to the frame in the soft dirt.

BohoRex

Threads
My former next door neighbor had a lazy lawn crew - so they cut it WAY shy of the line - so it appears that I'm lazy about the grass (because I mow 1-2x a month, instead of weekly like his crew) One day I was home when his crew showed up, and I asked them why they never finish that section up to the neighbor's property line.... Just me asking them - made them do a complete job on his yard when they got called out for not doing a complete job for the neighbor's money.

I really don't care - but I'm sure as heck not gonna mow his yard (unless he's got some extenuating circumstances / health or something preventing his crew from coming) - If he want's to mow mine - heck - that'd be great... lol...

The last 1/3 of my life - I am manifesting to be in a place where I don't have to worry about what neighbors do -and they don't care or worry about what I do.

oldlawnguy

Threads
Or some really nasty plants with very sharp thorns
OR dig your entire front yard over & turn it into a garden with a deep drainage ditch along the fence line.
Gardens actually take less effort over time than lawns do if you use a lot of prennenials & bulbs
:ROFLMAO: poison ivy, mouse ear hawkweed, cinquefoil, etc.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
can of orange marking paint along the property line? Ask the guy to finish your whole yard while he is at it?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Or just make friends.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Solution, just ask the neighbor to adjust his height if he's going to mow on your side.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Solution, just ask the neighbor to adjust his height if he's going to mow on your side.
That's a great idea.. But he is into cutting Dirt.. Soon as his lawn looks decent, he cuts it to dirt..