Attachments Need rear bumper

T J Blazek

Threads
Just purchased a RZT 50" zero turn. Want to find a rear bumper to pull a utility traier. Part # shown is NLA. Any suggestions?

metz12

Threads
Just purchased a RZT 50" zero turn. Want to find a rear bumper to pull a utility traier. Part # shown is NLA. Any suggestions?

Go to a local dealer that sells cub cadet stuff, or the place you bought it from and see what they have to say

T J Blazek

Threads
Called the dealer; they referred me back to MTD. Called TSC; same results. Found another place online; they show the part; but they were out of stock; had 4 backordered; and the price $84. I can buid a better bumper than they show a lot cheaper. Thanks for the advice. TJ

metz12

Threads
Called the dealer; they referred me back to MTD. Called TSC; same results. Found another place online; they show the part; but they were out of stock; had 4 backordered; and the price $84. I can buid a better bumper than they show a lot cheaper. Thanks for the advice. TJ

That is what i would say to do, make one if you cant find one for cheap. or get somebody to make one for you.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

There is a reason the part# is no longer available, it's because the machine is not supposed to be used in a pulling capacities. The EZT transmissions will not hold up to pulling a trailer. I personally wouldn't even attempt to pull anything with the RZT.

Last edited:

T J Blazek

Threads
There is a reason the part# is no longer available, it's because the machine is not supposed to be used in a pulling capacities. The EZT transmissions will not hold up to pulling a trailer. I personally wouldn't even attempt to pull anything with the RZT.

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't talking about moving dirt; rocks etc. I want to pull a lightweight utility trailer; use a gagger to pick up small limbs; paper; etc. Probably the most weight incurred would not be excessive. I have more equipment to use for handling more weight. (3 Ford P/U; Hahindra 350; 2 Kawasaki 259 ATVs; 4 trailers) I understand your cooment though..

metz12

Threads
ya, you should probably invest in a used garden tractor if you want to tow a smaller trailer

Threads
ya, you should probably invest in a used garden tractor if you want to tow a smaller trailer

Toro makes a hitch kit for their Timecutters to haul "light duty attachments". So if a not-heavy cart is a light duty attachment, then I guess you can use it on a ZTR, or at least that brand of ZTR.
hitch kit.jpg
Another LMF user, bjc, uses a Toro Timecutter SS5000 50" to pull a utility cart with a weedwacker, blower, etc. in it. It was a couple months ago but I don't remember him saying he had any troubles. I am looking for a post that proves that but I think I just private-messaged him about it. The original post in this thread says what equipment he has, but doesn't say anything about his trailer. http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower-buying-pricing/10618-upgrading-lawn-equipment.html
And also in this thread (http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/6474-zero-turn-attachments.html) it shows a utility cart for a ZTR mower. There are also other attachments like plows. If they can plow snow, they SHOULD be able to haul a light cart.
But yes, a garden tractor would be good to get, also.

T J Blazek

Threads
Again Thanks for the help. BJC 's pix is exactly what I want to do. I do still have a '03 Craftsman 48" with a Kohler 23; but needs to be retired; more -'s than +'s. would take more to repair than to replace. Again; thanks for the help..

metz12

Threads
Again Thanks for the help. BJC 's pix is exactly what I want to do. I do still have a '03 Craftsman 48" with a Kohler 23; but needs to be retired; more -'s than +'s. would take more to repair than to replace. Again; thanks for the help..

oh thats a cool tractor, lots of power, mine is a 20hp with a 42inch cut but i dont have a deck on mine, i use it more like a tractor, like to plow and drag trees out of the woods, and pull trailers.