Need new transmission for model number Toro 20381

Joe1953

Forum Newbie
I have a Toro I think it’s a recycler model , number 20381. I have a bad transmission on this lawnmower and I can’t seem to find a replacement. Is there any transmission will fit in this lawnmower that I can replace the one that I have? this is a rear drive lawnmower. Is there some transmission that’ll work in my lawnmower that a different Toro model will thank you. Regards, Joe.
 
serial number 316002515
is there other models drives that will match will match?

the drive needs a new interior plastic gear that is worn. Is there some place that sells the gears in the interior of the transmission
i do not want to spend to much money the lawnmower is not worth the expense of a new drive
 

Attachments

  • image_67514369 (1).jpg
    image_67514369 (1).jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image_67193345.JPG
    image_67193345.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If you would take the time to look at the service manual I posted you would see all the different models of Toro and LawnBoy mowers which use the same transmission. Parts can be obtained from any good Toro dealer.
 
Thanks for getting back to me. I much appreciated. I took the number part number for the transmission and model that I have and I was able to search by that and find a transmission on E on Amazon, which was a lot cheaper than buying a new one from Toro I’ll check with the Toro dealer tomorrow and see if there’s even possible by just buying the plastic gear that I need for the transmission
Thanks again for the help. I’m much appreciated a newbie for repairing lawn mowers.
 
Back
Top