need help

ejfd55

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna yth22v46. I was mowing and it lurched forward and stopped moving forward or backward. After inspection I noticed the transaxle fan had broken all the fans off . Fan was replaced and a new drive belt was put on. Upon completion and putting everything back on I attempted to move mower and wound up breaking some of the new fins off . Anyone know why it keeps doing this??

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure that the transmission support bracket is still attached to either the front corner or on some mowers the front of the transmission. Sounds like the tranny is rocking back and forth . If you find that the support bracket has come loose then also look at the frame tabs that connect the frame with the transmission axles. they will be cracked and will require repair.

ejfd55

Forum Newbie
Threads
Make sure that the transmission support bracket is still attached to either the front corner or on some mowers the front of the transmission. Sounds like the tranny is rocking back and forth . If you find that the support bracket has come loose then also look at the frame tabs that connect the frame with the transmission axles. they will be cracked and will require repair.
So I take it this is my issue?

Attachments

• 20220328_105745.jpg
    20220328_105745.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220328_105752.jpg
    20220328_105752.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 36

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If not the main cause, it definitely is contributing to the problem.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
So I take it this is my issue?
See the attached diagram. Hopefully this matches your setup.

Item 227 can fall out or break off in the transaxle in some cases will strip the threads in the transmission. Item 125 between items 80 and 226 can come out as well as item 80 or 226 breaking. Any of those issues will allow the transmission to rock back and forth cracking the area where your pictures are but also throw the belt off and in your case break the fan.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
looked up the chassis, it appears to supersede to 579841501 , Might be able to pound that one back in shape and weld it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The OP shouldn't need the chassis frame. Torque bracket maybe but as said most likely the two 5/16-18X.75 screws have either broken or fell out. Now the transaxle frame mounting ears maybe ripped too. There is a repair kit for that vertical drawbar style frame. the kit retails for $35.00

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
transaxle frame mounting ears maybe ripped too

looks to me they are cracked pretty bad. Maybe for the OP you can give him part number for the kit. The parts illustration I saw did not show those two protruding mounting ears as available separately. They only showed as part of the frame.

ejfd55

Forum Newbie
Threads
You guys were right. The two cracked ears are causing my transmission to rock causing the belt to hit the fan . Also I found that a belt guide had broken off from the transmission ( Drilled out the Two current holes that guide attached to and 2 bolts and nuts fixes that issue) . The ears I'm adding a kit to replace the cracked ones . Thanks for yalls help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You guys were right. The two cracked ears are causing my transmission to rock causing the belt to hit the fan . Also I found that a belt guide had broken off from the transmission ( Drilled out the Two current holes that guide attached to and 2 bolts and nuts fixes that issue) . The ears I'm adding a kit to replace the cracked ones . Thanks for yalls help.
The two broken axle ears are not the cause of your transmission rocking they are the result of the torque bracket coming loose from the top front of the transmission allowing the transmission to rock up and down in the front with direction changes and that movement is what broke the axle ears.

Unless you are referring to the torque bracket as the broken belt guide.