need help zero turn

kterry

Forum Newbie
Threads
looking to buy a zero turn for under 6,000 I look at the Kubota kommander zg127e 5.299 plus tax 27 hp briggs with the zt3100 and the same mower with the suspension seat and led h/lamps with the 27 hp kohler for 5,749 plus tax or a can get ferris 700 for 6,200 plus tax 52 in cut and by the way the Kubota is 54 in cut and I can get a snapper pro s150xt 28hp biggs commercial truf 52 in cut it has the zt5400 trans I can have it ship to me for 5,999 what would the best for the money just found out i can buy the ferris 700 shiped to me for 5,900

Last edited:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
looking to buy a zero turn for under 6,000 I look at the Kubota kommander zg127e 5.299 plus tax 27 hp briggs with the zt3100 and the same mower with the suspension seat and led h/lamps with the 27 hp kohler for 5,749 plus tax or a can get ferris 700 for 6,200 plus tax 52 in cut and by the way the Kubota is 54 in cut and I can get a snapper pro s150xt 28hp biggs commercial truf 52 in cut it has the zt5400 trans I can have it ship to me for 5,999 what would the best for the money just found out i can buy the ferris 700 shiped to me for 5,900

I responded in your "ferris" subject thread and think you should include the Gravely ZT HD 52 @ $5,099 MSRP in the comparison mix. Kawasaki engine 1Year Commercial Warranty.....just check out the link below for the technical scoop:

http://www.gravely.com/en-us/SeriesDownloads/SellSheet_ZTHD.pdf

kterry

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok thanks looks like zthd is a residential mower it looks like the same as the Kubota commander both have the zt3100 trans the snapper has the zt5400 and the ferris has the zt3400 thanks

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
ok thanks looks like zthd is a residential mower it looks like the same as the Kubota commander both have the zt3100 trans the snapper has the zt5400 and the ferris has the zt3400 thanks

Yes, the Kubota Kommander and the Gravely ZT HD are very similar ZTR's that can be compared to see which you prefer. The Snapper(with a $6,200 price and the ZT5400 trannies) could be compared to the Ferris, but NOT the Kubota or Gravely. You need to be mindful that when ZTR shopping try to group/compare your choices to "similar models" across brand lines to get an "apples to apples" comparison. It's a given that comparing a $6,200 ZTR to a $5,000 ZTR is in most cases going to be "apples to oranges" regarding the build, features and components. Most of the time, "similar" models across brands will be within $500 or so of each other and your decision will mostly be a preference on deck, engine, warranties, spindle construction, seat, tires, etc. but every once and a while a dealer will accept an offer on a "step up series" from the other brands and that's when you can take advantage of a "good deal". On the "buy cheap" and have it shipped to you......some users have a good experience and some not so good. A consideration is when/if it needs warranty repairs....your local dealer may put you "behind their customers" and the online site you bought it from cannot "service it". Many find that paying a few hundred more and having a dedicated local dealer that you purchased from is a wise decision. I have gotten several "after market DEALS" from my Gravely dealer for additional add-ons that if I hadn't bought from him I most likely would not have received(just saved $35-$40 on a mulch kit for my Gravely). If at all possible...support your local dealer(you won't regret it).