Need help with gravely 1642 starting

Then I would look at the ground cable where it bolts to the frame. Also, remove the spark plugs and crank, see if you get a bunch of fluid spraying out.

I have taken the ground off and cleaned it. It was bolted at the motor mount bolt. I also have removed the plug just to see if that would let the engine spin over easier with no bad motor noise and it did. I did not see any fuel spraying out then.
 
I have taken the ground off and cleaned it. It was bolted at the motor mount bolt. I also have removed the plug just to see if that would let the engine spin over easier with no bad motor noise and it did. I did not see any fuel spraying out then.

About the battery not being fully charged. I thought the same thing so I put it on charge over night and checked the voltage the next morning and it was like 13.6 volts.
 
Go back to your valve adjusting, do it right. Read the manual, and set the valves right first.

If you had done that, you would have set them to "specs", but you just loosely checked them....... The valve adjustment is critical because of the compression release, so go back and do it again.
 
Sorry, but with a brand new starter, and a brand new battery, well, let's try crossing the big terminals on the solenoid.
That will bypass almost everything.... If it still will not turn the engine over, then it is the valve adjust, or a bad compression release, hydrolocked engine, too much carbon. Unless one wants to consider a bad new starter, or whatever.....
But letting us know in advance what you have already done/tried would be polite....
 
Sorry, but with a brand new starter, and a brand new battery, well, let's try crossing the big terminals on the solenoid.
That will bypass almost everything.... If it still will not turn the engine over, then it is the valve adjust, or a bad compression release, hydrolocked engine, too much carbon. Unless one wants to consider a bad new starter, or whatever.....
But letting us know in advance what you have already done/tried would be polite....

I told you that I was doing the best that I can. I do not usually talk on these forums I just need some extra help because I've run out of ideas. I do not appreciate you being an ***!
 
I told you that I was doing the best that I can. I do not usually talk on these forums I just need some extra help because I've run out of ideas. I do not appreciate you being an ***!

So what about my last post????

You going to try and help us out a tad?
 
New starter, new battery, won't turn the engine over..........

Not many places to go from here!!!!
 
New battery, new starter, won't crank fully/fast....................

It narrows things down a bit..........

Try crossing the cables directly...... that would tell a lot..... If the valve adjust didn't work, then maybe the compression release is bad.... But you will have to get off of your butt and start testing these things.....
 
New battery, new starter, won't crank fully/fast....................

It narrows things down a bit..........

Try crossing the cables directly...... that would tell a lot..... If the valve adjust didn't work, then maybe the compression release is bad.... But you will have to get off of your butt and start testing these things.....

I just rechecked the valve adjustment after I got home from work. .004 on intake and .006 on exhaust and it still won't turn over very fast. What wires are you talking about crossing?
 
Back
Top