Need help with engine specs and replacement suggestions

billkater

Member
Here is the deal. I have a JD mower with a Briggs engine. It threw a rod and I am in need of replacing. I purchased a second mower/engine (mower was junk but ran great) to swap out engines. Here is the numbers off of both.

JD
303777-1162-E1 ...... 00112311

Second motor
303777-1125-A1 ..... 95021311

I thought that by looking up replacements parts for both they were the same block, crank, ect. But the JD engine has a long shaft (3"+) compared to the second motor (2"+/-).

Am I wrong or are these not the same block/crank by looking at the numbers?

Just a note. The JD was purchased new by my dad. I know the covers are the right ones. The second motor was used but they look like the right covers. (not mismatched colors and such)

Thanks for the help

Bill
 
that is one of the prob you run into when your looking for a replacement motor the blocks are the same but the use different cranks .I have seen a few different sizes depending on app they make long shaft and short shaft tapered shaft etc
 
Last edited:
Took a part the JD engine today. Broke the following:

  • Rod
  • rod cap
  • side of piston
  • block around piston
  • cam shaft
  • marked crank (deep)

So, now I am in the market for a engine again. New or used. PM me if you have one close. I live in Olney, IL
 
Back
Top