Need Help: T100 screeching/squealing when brake/clutch not pressed.

If the mower is 6 months old Craftsman, MTD or Peerless (who makes the transmission) should make good for the problem.
Ask any qualified Craftsman or MTD dealer about this. You shouldn't have to pay for nothing to get a new one installed.
I have the same rear in my 1988 MTD Yard Machine. Had to take it apart to fix a common forward gear problem.
That's how I know about the way it comes apart and the grease inside it.
 
I asked my aunt again about it, apparently the place they took it to was already the MTD service warranty place. The mechanics there told her that they wouldn't cover it because of "abuse." Next closest place is 50 miles away and they may end up saying the same thing, seems like it's not worth it. -Not sure how they dictate "abuse", how do you know someone drove something incorrectly?

Looks like I'm going to have to take it apart myself.
 
I asked my aunt again about it, apparently the place they took it to was already the MTD service warranty place. The mechanics there told her that they wouldn't cover it because of "abuse." Next closest place is 50 miles away and they may end up saying the same thing, seems like it's not worth it. -Not sure how they dictate "abuse", how do you know someone drove something incorrectly?

Looks like I'm going to have to take it apart myself.
Call MTD directly. Don't go off the word of some shop.

slomo
 
Back
Top