Need Help ! Scewed Up Mower Deck

bigcut

Threads
I have a 42" craftsman model: 917.270820 and the right rear side is about an inch higher than the left rear side of the mower deck. Although the front is even, side to side.

Any thoughts, solutions, ideas ???
Thanks,
John

Flintmotorsports

Threads
First you have to put the tractor on a hard surface then there is 2 pins on the back of the deck that hold it up
if you follow that bracket there is a rod that comes from up inside the tractor and there is nuts at the bottom of this rod
but you want to make sure that the rod is not broke first then you can adjust the nut to raise and lower the deck right here
you might have to adjust both sides in order to make sure it is even every so often measure in the same spot on both sides.
Hope this helps if you need more help just ask

bigcut

Threads
First you have to put the tractor on a hard surface then there is 2 pins on the back of the deck that hold it up
if you follow that bracket there is a rod that comes from up inside the tractor and there is nuts at the bottom of this rod
but you want to make sure that the rod is not broke first then you can adjust the nut to raise and lower the deck right here
you might have to adjust both sides in order to make sure it is even every so often measure in the same spot on both sides.
Hope this helps if you need more help just ask

Hi Flint...thanks for the response....the lift links appear to be alright as do the suspension arms. My concern is if I adjust the nuts attached to the lift link arms, I run the risk of altering the front measurement of the mower deck. That's the odd part. the front of the deck is even side to side.
I'd welcome any other thoughts you may have.
Thanks again,
John

Flintmotorsports

Threads
so I looked up your mower and it has 2 rods that hook the front and when you adjust the back it will not affect the front in any
way it will just move that side that you are adjusting.

bigcut

Threads
so I looked up your mower and it has 2 rods that hook the front and when you adjust the back it will not affect the front in any
way it will just move that side that you are adjusting.

Flint, Thanks...so you're saying by adjusting the nuts on the link arms that connect to the suspension arms, I will NOT disturb the height of the front mower deck. If you're correct, then you may have solved my problem.

Weather permitting, tomorrow, I'll try out your suggestion...I sure hope you're right.
Thanks ever so much for taking the time and effort to look into this for me. It's been driving me NUT'S !!!
Have a great evening.
Thanks,
John

Flintmotorsports

Threads
Flint, Thanks...so you're saying by adjusting the nuts on the link arms that connect to the suspension arms, I will NOT disturb the height of the front mower deck. If you're correct, then you may have solved my problem.

Weather permitting, tomorrow, I'll try out your suggestion...I sure hope you're right.
Thanks ever so much for taking the time and effort to look into this for me. It's been driving me NUT'S !!!
Have a great evening.
Thanks,
John

yes that is what I am saying I have mostly craftsman mower come into my shop and I see this all the time give it a try and let me know but make sure you are on a hard flat surface
if not it will be level and make sure to measure off the same point on the same side

bigcut

Threads
yes that is what I am saying I have mostly craftsman mower come into my shop and I see this all the time give it a try and let me know but make sure you are on a hard flat surface
if not it will be level and make sure to measure off the same point on the same side

Thanks Flint....I'll try it tomorrow if it doesn't rain. The tractor is out on the concrete patio (hard level surface). So, we'll see what happens...I'll let you know.
Thanks again for your kind help.
John

Flintmotorsports

Threads
Thanks Flint....I'll try it tomorrow if it doesn't rain. The tractor is out on the concrete patio (hard level surface). So, we'll see what happens...I'll let you know.
Thanks again for your kind help.
John

Yeah that is no problem that is what this site is for to help out when needed

ztrjim

Threads
Please let us know if that works, I am curious to know. :cool:

mboss9

Forum Newbie
Threads
You will want to readjust the rake after you adjust the side-to-side.