Need help - Scag Tiger Cat II won't start after running

I can only say what I think but I think it is the weakest part of the system that has voltage. Turn pto on current to clutch switch is plastic and current causing heat and heat causes failure in the switch and after cooling allows switch to go back to its normal state at times it does not. Sometimes you can turn the key on and then turn the pto on and off a few times and most times it will start after making good connection and ground Thur the switch. There is other ways of starting the machine when it fails. Also need to make sure ground is good at the battery and on the block and motor is tight making sure all ground points are good bad ground will cause a lot of failures.
 
John,

Thanks for the reply. It is within the warranty but I'd rather just do it myself, I have no way of getting it to the dealer anyway.

--Joe
That just might be the worst mistake you make in a while. If you work on it and then it is something expensive warranty might now fix the mower. Voided warranty is not a good thing. I run Tiger Cats and warranty has saved me a wholllleeee lot of money.
 
Wanted to follow up on this in case others Google this stuff like I do.

I picked on an PTO switch from Scag Parts online (PN 483597) for $23. I replaced it last night, took less than 5 minutes to swap. All seems well for now but the real test will be this weekend after I mow for a couple hours in the heat. Fingers crossed.

--Joe
 
Back
Top