Need help identifying Yard machine

gwetx

Forum Newbie
Hi all,

I got this old mower from a guy for free. It runs, but has a steering problem. I dont know what
year model this mower is for certain because the label/sticker under the seat is gone.

What I need is the steering shaft, cog, the hex nut, washer, bolt (that secures steering to the frame),
and the plastic pieces that go on top of the dash.



20140601_120555.jpg

20140601_120612.jpg

Hope I posted correctly.
 
Yeah, to help nail it down, post all of the model/type/code numbers off of the engine, as well as the part numbers stamped onto the throttle /choke cables, as well as deck width, any info, etc...
 
Ok,

The engine is 15.5 HP Tecumseh, and on it's label:

Model: OHV155 204509F (H)
Family: YTPXS.4902AA
Displacement: 490 (d.o.m) 0087 D

Choke cable #: 746 0616A 303470F
Throttle cable #: 746 0638 274620F
 
I have tried that in the past. After you select year, there are tons of different models.


However It seems unlikely that this is the correct part 710-0837. It seems that the missing
part is something like 731-04945 - but no pics available of either on the MTD site. I see one
of the latter on ebay... but it appears that the holes are too far apart, and in the sellers item
details the model number is listed, which I looked up, and its fits a 2009 mower, I don't think
this is "that" new. :smile:


I was hoping someone would know when they made the tan(?), and blue Yard Machines to help
round down the search.


Shame the model label is missing.
 
I cant find a pic of the first part i listed, but you can find it in the parts diagram.
The other one on ebay can be found by searching for:

" MTD Yard Machines 638RL Riding Lawn Mower Steering Shaft Boot "
 
Back
Top