Need advice on old Jonsered (Stiga?)

mudpie

Threads
I was on my phone, on Craigslist, killing time on a road trip, and I found this mower.

I did some searching but can't come up with much other than it seems to be an older Jonsered, which I had never heard of, and which seems was some time ago absorbed by Husqvarna. I tried doing a bunch of google searches but all I can come up with is articles from the current Jonsered website, or websites that sell the new ones. Obvioulsly those aren't objective sources of information.

[EDIT: I found some pics that indicate it's a Stiga, not a Jonsered. Still, I have the same questions]

So, questions....

What is this thing? Age? Quality? Reliability? Parts availability? Known issues/problems? I know nothing about them.

The guy wants $300 for it, or best offer. Good price, bad price, or about what it's worth?

Thanks

Last edited:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
That looks like a Stiga park mower which is made by an Italian company called GGP (Global Garden Products).

GGP own brand names such as Mountfield, Atco, Castel Garden Alpina and Stiga which are big names over here.
Home - Global Garden Products

GGP make products for a lot of manufacturers like Honda, John Deere, Efco, Oleo Mac and some more.

They are ok as a basic entry level mower but over here than can be expensive.

Only like to cut short grass and not very maneuverable in tight locations.