Buying Advice Need Advice on Mower/ATV Lift...

Travis_R

Threads
Hello to all,

I haven't posted much on this site, but now I have a question that I'd like some advice on.

I'm thinking seriously of going to Harbor Freight in the morning and buy the "High Lift Riding Mower/ATV Jack", item #61523.
It's rated for a 300 lb. lift capacity and I was wondering if anyone would recommend this for my Hustler Super Z. It's a 2009 model with the 31 hp Kawasaki and a 60" XR7 deck. I know it's a heavy mower that's why I'm concerned. The front tires will safely fit on the lift because the tires are about 47" outside to outside and the lift's tire width adjustment goes from 36" to 51".
I can get this lift for under $75 and that price can't be beat. And I know there are much better built lifts on the market, but I believe most of us likes a good deal too. I know I do.

Anybody got any experience wit this lift? I'd appreciate for owners to comment. I have seen very good reviews on this lift.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 18

Travis_R

Threads

Thanks. I just read that thread. I really am thinking hard about going to HF and getting that lift. After all, they got a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.

I also see that you're an Amsoil dealer. I'm in the preferred customer 'program'. For years I've been using Amsoil in everything I own. I recently convinced a few friends to start using it in their ATVs and they love it. Wouldn't go back to regular crude oil anymore. I am a firm believer in that oil!

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks. I just read that thread. I really am thinking hard about going to HF and getting that lift. After all, they got a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.

I also see that you're an Amsoil dealer. I'm in the preferred customer 'program'. For years I've been using Amsoil in everything I own. I recently convinced a few friends to start using it in their ATVs and they love it. Wouldn't go back to regular crude oil anymore. I am a firm believer in that oil!

Let me know how the HF lift works for ya. I might get one too.

I use the XL oil in truck and 4 stroke oil in my personal riding mowers.

Travis_R

Threads
Let me know how the HF lift works for ya. I might get one too.

I use the XL oil in truck and 4 stroke oil in my personal riding mowers.

Sure will... I use both those oils the same way too.

tybilly

Threads
I have that model,ofcourse I bought it before it dropped to 75.00,my first one the jack failed,but I took it back and got another onea nd the seconed one works just fine,just follow their directions and always use that safety pin

Brucebotti

Threads
I have had the HF on since mid 2013 and I like it. I use it to raise the front of my Toro MX5060 ZTR and it does a great job. It is built much better that I would have expected. In my opinion it is equal in quality to the other units I've seen with the same 300# capacity. I got it on sale for $79 and I was able to use a 20% off coupon.
Bruce

Travis_R

Threads
Here is my Personal Experience with the Harbor Freight mower lift Item #60395:

Don't let the cheap price fool you.

I ended up buying the HF lift yesterday. The directions are not that good, but once it's laid out common sense goes a long way. Plus there is a good video on YouTube on assembly...
Only took about 20 minutes to assemble, with a small crescent wrench or pliers for 1 small bolt that attaches the foot pedal to the jack that enables the lift to rise.

I have a problem with the bottle jack (slow and spongy on the bottom) and I'll return just the jack if possible, but if not I'll return the whole lift itself and exchange it for a new one. But as of now, I'm happy with this unit and have no regrets.

It's rated at a 300 lb. lift capacity but WILL lift up the front of a 2009 Hustler Super Z! (Impressing!) It weighs A TOTAL OF 1,112 LBS. It'll lift it all the way up til the plastic roller wheels under the rear of the machine touch the ground.

Do I recommend this lift? YES! Do I recommend others using the lift at this extreme capacity? NO. Use at your own risk.
But I will say it works for me, FOR MY OWN PERSONAL USE!

I don't think this unit is made as heavy duty as some other brands on the market, although I haven't seen other brands in person. But I don't think you're gonna find another brand out there for less than $70 that's comparable to the HF lift.
I think this unit was manufactured more towards residential/homeowner use, but I'll also recommend it for commercial use. If you're not satisfied you can return it within 90 days for a full refund as long as you have the original receipt.

What is there to lose?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 12

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here is my Personal Experience with the Harbor Freight mower lift Item #60395:

Don't let the cheap price fool you.

I ended up buying the HF lift yesterday. The directions are not that good, but once it's laid out common sense goes a long way. Plus there is a good video on YouTube on assembly...
Only took about 20 minutes to assemble, with a small crescent wrench or pliers for 1 small bolt that attaches the foot pedal to the jack that enables the lift to rise.

I have a problem with the bottle jack (slow and spongy on the bottom) and I'll return just the jack if possible, but if not I'll return the whole lift itself and exchange it for a new one. But as of now, I'm happy with this unit and have no regrets.

It's rated at a 300 lb. lift capacity but WILL lift up the front of a 2009 Hustler Super Z! (Impressing!) It weighs A TOTAL OF 1,112 LBS. It'll lift it all the way up til the plastic roller wheels under the rear of the machine touch the ground.

Do I recommend this lift? YES! Do I recommend others using the lift at this extreme capacity? NO. Use at your own risk.
But I will say it works for me, FOR MY OWN PERSONAL USE!

I don't think this unit is made as heavy duty as some other brands on the market, although I haven't seen other brands in person. But I don't think you're gonna find another brand out there for less than $70 that's comparable to the HF lift.
I think this unit was manufactured more towards residential/homeowner use, but I'll also recommend it for commercial use. If you're not satisfied you can return it within 90 days for a full refund as long as you have the original receipt.

What is there to lose?

i doubt I would return over bottle. Id just find another bottle jack that will work in its place instead. Like I said mine would be shipped to me. Does it over work bench for it to work on push mowers?