Need a Zero Turn, 1st purchase

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mow about .75-1acre of property
How about a couple push mowers? You know his and hers? Great way to get some good exercise. Also some much needed romantic family time :love: .

A 0-turn is a bit much for that tiny yard. A 33" Snapper RER would be perfect.

MudHole

Threads
How about a couple push mowers? You know his and hers? Great way to get some good exercise. Also some much needed romantic family time :love: .

A 0-turn is a bit much for that tiny yard. A 33" Snapper RER would be perfect.
It may be but when it's 95, humid as crap and the pecker gnats are crawling in my eyes I'll end up just pouring bleach over my whole yard and calling it a year.

In all seriousness I did consider it but I've had 4 open heart surgeries (all replumed like a "fish" heart now) and get beat down pretty easy doing physical labor in the heat. Everything gets planned for fall/winter/spring here and mowing is done at the tolerable crack of dawn or last light.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
In your case, a lawn crew is in order. Time to hang it up sir. Sit back on the couch and relax.

MudHole

Threads
In your case, a lawn crew is in order. Time to hang it up sir. Sit back on the couch and relax.
Also hard to believe... but I'm only 35 😅. Birth condition, also because of it I have thick blood to compensate for the lower oxygen. I HAVE to get exercise and do crap to make sure I don't get clots (had one in 2019 and had a pulmonary embolism). I've been told no weight exercise but no more than I feel my body can take. So best I've found is just being active.

MudHole

Threads
Well to end the story, got a timecutter 50" with myride and the toro motor. From a higher end local shop for $300 less than msrp. With the zero percent financing promotion they have it came out cheapest in the end. Also no shops had an Arien in stock so it would have forced me to go to lowes. Specs looked about equal so...

She gets dropped off with much kit later this week.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It may be but when it's 95, humid as crap and the pecker gnats are crawling in my eyes I'll end up just pouring bleach over my whole yard and calling it a year.

In all seriousness I did consider it but I've had 4 open heart surgeries (all replumed like a "fish" heart now) and get beat down pretty easy doing physical labor in the heat. Everything gets planned for fall/winter/spring here and mowing is done at the tolerable crack of dawn or last light.
Pecker gnats! 🤣🤣🤣 You must live in the South, below the gnat line. They are awful here in SW Georgia.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Timecutter is not in the same ballpark as the big box store units. It would greatly surprise me that you won’t be happy with your unit.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mudhole-
Know that your tires will likely be over or under-inflated. When corrected per yer owners manual specs, you can check the deck for proper adjustment..
And the cutting height setting, that can be off by approx 1/2" give or take.. But easy adjustments.
Measure from Blade tips to flat ground under it..

Congrats !! .

PS: Checking the oil, is a good habit to get into prior to each mow..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A good dealership will have checked each of the items you listed.

MudHole

Threads
I'm hoping that's done but it's good to know to check it, can't take much more than 10-15 minutes for peace of mind. Guy said they had one on the floor but would assemble one out of the crate for me. Place was pretty busy and their parts/blade/product inventory was very good and quality stuff. Got to see how they dealt with customers for about 20 minutes before I went up to work stuff out. I feel confident they will take care of me and do a good job should I ever need the service.

MParr
yes in NC towards the coast. What drives me nuts is I'm more north than my parents and they have none! I recently graduated to a "damn yankee" living here. We had may flies up north but they eventually went away, these things suck!