Well I have absolutely got to purchase a weed eater and soon. I have been looking at both the weedeater brand and the poulen brand. I am looking to spend less than about $150 any other suggestions?
Go more expensive, so that it will last a long time. You can get a Husqvarna at Lowes for like $169.00. Trust me on this one I bought a cheapo and it did not last anytime. So after that I went out and bought myself a Stihl, its the best thing I have ever bought. But as you described you do not want to put that much into it. So Take my word for it, dont buy the cheap stuff. you will regreat it.Shop Husqvarna 28cc 2-Cycle Curved-Shaft Gas String Trimmer at Lowes.com
Heres a link to the trimmer. Its a good one, check it out Cheers.
Well I have absolutely got to purchase a weed eater and soon. I have been looking at both the weedeater brand and the poulen brand. I am looking to spend less than about $150 any other suggestions?
Shaun
You should judge your purchase of a Weed Trimmer on How and under what conditions you're going to use the Trimmer. If you buy a $69.00 trimmer don't expect a whole lot. That price could get you something that a home owner could get by with if used say once weekly when mowing and trimming a small yard.
The price you mentioned of $150 can get you in the ballpark for an Echo 16" with a 21.2cc engine that will hold 0.80 line for $179.00 from Home Depot and I believe they have a five year warranty although you'll have to take it to a dealer if ti every needs repair.
ECHO 16 in. 21.2 cc Gas Curved Shaft Trimmer - GT-225 at The Home Depot
Good Weed trimmers like the Stihl, Echo, Shindaiwa and some others start at about $259 and go up to somewhere around $400 in price depending on make and model. I have always found that spending a little more money up front pays off in the long run.
I should have said that my $65 Yard Mans get heavily used on a 4 1/2 acre yard with LOTS of trees and buildings to trim around, and they hold up great except for that one flywheel tab that broke off. I cannot see spending over $100 for a trimmer unless you use it everyday on a large lot with high weeds and thick grass. I for one will NEVER buy another expensive trimmer, paying $100-$120 for the Craftsmans I used to buy , was a waste of money. My Yard Mans gave me better and longer service than the costlier ones did.
Well I have absolutely got to purchase a weed eater and soon. I have been looking at both the weedeater brand and the poulen brand. I am looking to spend less than about $150 any other suggestions?