MZT 52 parking brake

oleblu72

Threads
Has any members had any trouble with the parking brake on their Husky ? The trouble I'm having when I move the lever down to operate the mower when I bring my sticks in the motor will stop running. I just got my MZT back from the dealer ( after waiting a week for then to deliver after it was fixed) and they said they changed the parking brake switch but after talking to Husqvarna they said that I wasn't pushing the parking brake lever down properly that I needed to push it straight down. I told them their nuts it sounds like there needs to be a design change if this really is the problem. Well anywho I got on the thing and started mowing everything seemed to be ok so I shut it off and went in for a cup of coffee then I went back out to start mowing my hayfield and pushed the parking lever down pulled in on the sticks and then the motor stalls. So I have to call them tomorrow and tell them the good news I just thought I would check with you guys to see if this is a problem thanks for listening.

Mark

gainestruk

Threads
You might have them check seat safety, it will shut down mower when levers pulled in if it thinks you are not in seat.
I have an RZ4623 and have never had a problem with parking brake or any of safety switches in 2 years of operation.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things come to mind
Problem is with the brake switch.
Mower thinks you are trying to move wth the brake on
Problem with the seat switch.

Sitting on the mower, engine running engege the blades.
If the mower cuts out the seat switch is the problem if it does not the brake switch is the problem.

oleblu72

Threads
Thanks for the reply's guys . I'm going to say that the blades will run and not stall the mower but I'm going to have to go over and try it and make sure. I know one thing is for sure I'm getting tired of their attitude. I got the extended warrantee and it guarantees me a replacement mower if they have to work on mine but they tell me they don't have one available so I said you didn't say that when I bought my warrantee anyway you have a showroom full of mowers and then I could swear I heard crickets chirping, thanks again.

Mark

oleblu72

Threads
The blades will work when the parking brake is not working properly.

Mark

oleblu72

Threads
Well I fixed it myself and saved myself all the aggravation of dealing with these idiots again. The problem was the cam in between the lever and switch. All's it needed was loosened up a bit, the cam would stick somewhere in between and not hit the switch, I think the bolt & nut must be tightening itself up while using the parking brake. Now all's I have to do is figure out how much to charge the dealer for me fixing it.

Mark