Anyone tried the Gator blades on the MZT 52? Thought it might reduce clipping size and wondered if it would improve lift. I notice sometimes mine leaves a little that the front tires run over.
You can probably get the G3 Gator blades for the MZT and they may make a difference in the clipping size. I've seen some entry level commercial machines they work fine on and others that not worth spending the money on the cuts look like crap. How well they will work depends a lot on the mower and deck.
The Husqvarna list a Gator blade with the mulch kit, wonder if it is the G3? What is the difference in the different Gator blades?
The big differences between G3 and G6 is one, the G3 you can buy for most all mower applications and the G6 blades are designed for commercial applications. The G6 blades have greater width and are thicker which is supposed to reduce sharpening and extend the blade life. The G6 blades also have an extended cutting edge of like 9 inches each end of the blade instead of the normal 3 or 4 inches. The tips on the G6 are re-enforced to keep them from rounding off so quick.
Did you get the Gator blades and if so how do they work ?
I have not.
Hi, I have just put the gator blades on 2 wks ago and I have 2 cuts on them. Are they worth it? Well I am very picky how the mower actually cuts and to be honest with you. If just keep your blades sharp you'll save yourself some money. Just my 2 cents is that just buy another set of regular blades and swap them out every 8 hrs or so for the sharp ones. I thought I would get a lil longer grass threw and lift out of them and I have not seen that. They just as good as OE blades when sharp. Hope this helps