My porch pirate

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before the floods I had a massive one lurking around the house .
It would see me then trot about 10 yards away stop and give me a contemptious glare over it's shoulder
Foxes are another one of the things that those idiot Englishmen brought into this country for which all of their decendants should be shot for

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Before the floods I had a massive one lurking around the house .
It would see me then trot about 10 yards away stop and give me a contemptious glare over it's shoulder
Foxes are another one of the things that those idiot Englishmen brought into this country for which all of their decendants should be shot for

If I ever come to Australia, I'm bringing 100 gerbils.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fox has invited himself to your area, might have friends / family.
Good luck with that.

Honest Abe

Threads
keep it up and they'll be raiding your fridge in the middle of the night

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea, don't need that..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
keep it up and they'll be raiding your fridge in the middle of the night

Man, if they only knew. I'm so friendly to wildlife, I'd let them move in.
I let a moma skunk shelter under my house one winter and spring. That's where she had her babies.
I used to have a possum that came in through the doggy door to finish what the pets didn't eat. He got a little pushy though. Tried to den up in the closet.
He/She was pretty friendly though. It didn't take much to coax her out. A couple of fun size snickers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What a healthy attitude to wild life.
If people just learned to live with them life would be a lot easier and cheaper .
No insect sprays in this house , I let the spiders do their thing
Mossies are discouraged by planting repellent plants near doors and frog ponds to eat the lava
Foxes get shot because they should not be here as do ferral cat & dogs
When there was a mouse plague I had 14" of diamond python living in the ceiling
Smells a bit but cheaper & more efficient than traps & posions
Safe havens in the gardens for blue tongue lizards = no slugs or snails

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I advise against doggie doors. Rabies is carried by a lot of critters. I also would not keep pet food around the outside of the house. Feeding the critters makes them lazy and discourages them from doing their job in nature.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
What a healthy attitude to wild life.
If people just learned to live with them life would be a lot easier and cheaper .
No insect sprays in this house , I let the spiders do their thing
Mossies are discouraged by planting repellent plants near doors and frog ponds to eat the lava
Foxes get shot because they should not be here as do ferral cat & dogs
When there was a mouse plague I had 14" of diamond python living in the ceiling
Smells a bit but cheaper & more efficient than traps & posions
Safe havens in the gardens for blue tongue lizards = no slugs or snails

Agreed on everything except shooting animals. I couldn't do that. Foxes don't really harm anything or anyone. Except stealing my cheap plastic bowls. I'm couldn't kill one just for that. They avoid conflicts at all costs.

Here's my bird bath idea. It still needs a little work.

Small doggy pool, close enough to get fed by the AC drain line. I put a birdbath in it, with a solar fountain submerged in it, with a tube that runs up through the stand and into the bird bath. I used a grommet to hold the tube in place. The pump pushes a small stream of water onto a short, thick piece of wood. It's been there a week, so far and I still haven't caught the birds bathing yet.
It does need a little improving through. Because the tube is so long, it'll only push the water up all the way when the sun is shining full on the solar panel. So I'm going to get another one. Have the bottom one only go up 1/2 way into some sort of container. And have another one in that container to send the water up the rest of the way.

It's a work in progress. 20230812_151359.jpg

Forest#2

Threads
Put up a game camera.
Might have to lock or hide the camera or it might evaporate also.

Just wondering: Are you located in or close to a Sanctuary City???