My Newest D-engine restoration. (I love D-engine Lawnboys!!)

Phototone

Threads
  • / My Newest D-engine restoration. (I love D-engine Lawnboys!!)
RedWheel3.jpgRedWheel4.jpgRedWheel2.jpgRedWheel1.jpg

I have just "restored" another D-engine 19" deck mower. Well, actually it is made up of bits and pieces from 4 other parts mowers. I had a D-433 engine for a couple decades on top of a busted up 21" aluminum deck that I used, I put a new piston and rings, new reeds, all new gaskets, rebuilt carb, new magneto coil, points, condenser. I used the Bricktop shroud from another donor..actually I found the shroud in my junk pile. The flywheel screen and crown nut came from another long lost mower, the Commercial wheels came from the same busted up hulk I took the D-433 block from. The wheels are true commercial wheels with ball bearings and grease zerks. The mower starts up good in 35 degree weather, and mows strong. Also shown in the photos is my previous D-engine mower restoration, this one is a 5083, also a 19" model. Interesting fact, for my current resto, I ordered a used 19" deck for an early "F" engine mower, the deck says model 5247, but the "F" engine block I was going to use, I discovered was not suitable, so I tried the muffler plate from a "D" engine mower and it fit perfectly. So it seems early "F" engine mowers used the same deck configuration as "D" engine mowers.

2smoked

Threads
  • / My Newest D-engine restoration. (I love D-engine Lawnboys!!)
I like it!:thumbsup: