My new (sort of) trimmer won't start

Thanks! Does anyone know if weedwackerpartsmanual.com is a safe website? It asks you to download some software, which makes me very leery.
I would not download software - I found it in a web search -- do a search for "Troy Bilt manuals"
Sorry I didn't check out that site before linking it.
 
Just wanted to mention that I WAS able to get the trimmer running. I'm not sure what the problem was or what I did that worked, but after lots of cranking (with the electric starter) and sputtering, it did actually start and stay running. Thank you for all the advice!
 
My guess would be that since you could smell fuel that it was flooded, if you smell fuel again and it won't start switch the choke off #3 position hold the trigger in the wide open position then try to start.:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top