my first 4 cycle weedeater

I'm now working on his 2cycle craftsman blower. This thing is actually decent seems like it has lots of power spark plug exhaust were completely gummed up with carbon the cause was a completely blocked spark arrestor screen I just drilled a 1/4 in hole through the whole thing who needs a muffler right? Cleaned exhaust replaced plug and did seafoam treatment. Now I think carb is dirty will start on choke run forever on choke will idle on open choke press trigger and it slowly dies so crappy zama carb Ima try to clean but I think replace the carb is the only option but they only paid
50 bucks on the machine not sure if he wants to spend that much on a new carb
You may get lucky by popping the pump side and blasting the screen and ports out. If not, rebuild her right.
 
The kit is 25 dollars a carb is 35 dollars ill buy the carb if he wants to pay for it

Holy crap, where the kit from? That's insane! That's double what it should be! But when a new carb is that cheap you may as well replace it.
 
new experience for me today with this leaf blower... got carb cleaned real nice put it all back together and started it only ran on choke again decided to leave it running for a few to listen to what it does and i look over at it the muffler is red hot i run over and shut it down I put it on my work bench where the machine caught fire look to have started between muffler and block ran out side and threw it in the snow... so ya this one is beyond me unless its still carb related and that needs to be replaced
 
Uh oh, sounds like the gasket was missing and it was venting hot air behind th muffler. Also it will have been sucking some air back in from that area...not good. Can you save it?
 
Uh oh, sounds like the gasket was missing and it was venting hot air behind th muffler. Also it will have been sucking some air back in from that area...not good. Can you save it?

Nothing broke I don't think even though I buried it in snow... I'll check tomorrow ill pull the muffler off but I don't think that's it I just cleaned the exhaust and everything was put back on. I did put some seafoam in the gas to try and keep cleaning the carb
 
Nothing broke I don't think even though I buried it in snow... I'll check tomorrow ill pull the muffler off but I don't think that's it I just cleaned the exhaust and everything was put back on. I did put some seafoam in the gas to try and keep cleaning the carb
Hmm, ahead to comment without seeing it. Bet you got a thrill when it happened tho!
 
Back
Top