My Blades Won't Turn On

IrishLass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please no blonde jokes! My husband is traveling to a different state and he showed me how to use his beloved Exmark LaserZ. The very first day on my own I was too close to a young tree and the blade nicked it-honestly not a big thing BUT the blades will not go on now. What do I do? Someone said the safety switch. Where is this switch? I appreciate any help.

Elendil

Threads
Could you have broken the belt?

NY lawn Care

Forum Newbie
Threads
Make sure the machine is off. Look under the deck to see if you have a piece of tree lodge in the blades. make sure all your levers are in neutral. put brake on and re start. some time the clutch gets hung up. If you pull the pto switch and hear it trying to turn on than its one of the above. If no noise chk belt may have jumped off. Or its a bad switch.

IrishLass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could you have broken the belt?

No, actually, the belts are fine. in fact the blades look good as well. I looked under the deck and manually moved the blades, they rotated. That is why I was looking at the safety switch idea. Im stumped!

Exmark1

Threads
Please no blonde jokes! My husband is traveling to a different state and he showed me how to use his beloved Exmark LaserZ. The very first day on my own I was too close to a young tree and the blade nicked it-honestly not a big thing BUT the blades will not go on now. What do I do? Someone said the safety switch. Where is this switch? I appreciate any help.

Please contact Exmark Customer Service at 800-667-5296 with your model number and serial number. The team is staffed with trained technicians from the factory who can help you troubleshoot your issue. Thanks.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
At the back of the mower under the engine.
There will be some wires that go to the blade clutch make sure they are still plugged in.
If they are then check the fuse.
If it was a safety switch the mower would not start or would shut off.

IrishLass

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thank you All! And for those that guessed a belt-was right. The distributor told me the nick in the tree didnt do it-a stick came up and knocked off a belt from the "idoler". I finally noticed the loose belt after looking thru the engine under the seat. All the ones that I observed under the foot plate-were fine. I'm going to try to do it myself. Hope my poor arthritic hands will work a miracle. The guy was going to charge me $125.00 to do it. Thank you for all your help!This is a helpful site, you guys rock!!