Mustang XP PTO issues

jholden

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having an issue with my mustang XP when I pull the PTO for the blades and the blades work intermittently right now, the blades are moving extremely slowly and more or less stopped. If I reach down and turn a pulley by hand, the belt keeps the blades moving For a short period and then nothing
Is this a belt issue or has the clutch on the PTO died?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I just cringed at the thought of you putting your hand on a extremely dangerous object. I got several that missing parts of their hands from putting them were they shouldn't.

Anyway the guys here are going to need the actual model number from the serial number tag.

Bertrrr

Threads
Sounds like your electric clutch is goin out - Never had one fail before but I'm sure it happens.
Can't imagine what else it could be

jholden

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looked all over where do I find the tag?

Threads
I am having an issue with my mustang XP when I pull the PTO for the blades and the blades work intermittently right now, the blades are moving extremely slowly and more or less stopped. If I reach down and turn a pulley by hand, the belt keeps the blades moving For a short period and then nothing
Is this a belt issue or has the clutch on the PTO died?
Try putting a newer battery in there. The clutch relies on very good charged battery. Mine requires I charge the battery every week or so then the blades do well. Sound weird but it works.